Crazy wood, what’s the attraction?

These are all beautiful guitars, guys; I look at one and am wowed, and then look at the next one, and again, wowed, and it doesn’t seem to stop!

I don’t have anything unique or unusual enough for this thread, my guitars are pretty much what you’d expect in their price categories.

Last edited:
36521646_425702154580258_5088256285376249856_n.jpg

Look at the deep, beautiful quilting on this one....:rolleyes:

I like odd
Not necessarily uniform figuring
I like figuring runout, mineral streaks, non perfect flame. Boat wake is cool. Quilts with little designs you can see in the wood.

Eastern maple with translucent flames and dead spots with mineral streaks make me very happy

My thorn for example

This cu22 20th I wish I still had non 10

The beauty in uniqueness.

The way I see it, there’s great art made by man. But when great art is made by nature and happens to also make great tone, it’s a quantum leap up. Especially when it resembles something meaningful, be it space, the ocean, the sunset sky, a bonfire.

Therein lies the attraction.

Here’s a example of what I mean. This photo is lifted from PSF thread (1 March 2019)
Vv0fmO8.jpg
Can I be in your will?:D

To me the thing about great guitar wood is that the wood is born inside a tree, and there it would exist and then cease to exist with nobody ever knowing, but for those few individuals who take the time to find it, form it into something useful, and bring out the beauty with an incredible finish.

Back