Crazy wood, what’s the attraction?

I kind of stole this from Les. He said fancy, but I’m not sure if I have anything that qualifies.
To get things started:
CK_364EywaTop.JPG

What attracted me to this top as that the lighter grain in the centre looked like a tree growing out of the ground. Finding a fingerboard that extended that imagery sealed the deal. It just called to me, literally in a dream.
I remember seeing a picture of this before it left the factory. I'd have to say this is one of my all time favorite prs's I've ever seen. Just a super cool guitar!

Crazy for its sheer existence. 1 piece African Blackwood neck. So smooth and poreless it’s almost like metal.
8ryceJD.jpg
I have not the slightest clue what that would feel like. Even my imagination is stumped on this one.

Pity we can’t share, not meaningfully with words and photos at least, crazy wood in the tone sense. I know that’s not the intent of this thread, but boy is that a fascinating subject. How it happens, how it can even happen. Fascinating!

To me the thing about great guitar wood is that the wood is born inside a tree, and there it would exist and then cease to exist with nobody ever knowing, but for those few individuals who take the time to find it, form it into something useful, and bring out the beauty with an incredible finish.
Great reply Elvis. Good point, mother natures art and then the art of creating a musical instrument with such unique beautiful woods, Put together by the guitar makers at PRS but I would say the best guitarist ever created the world.

Back