Color coding on the CE 24's 85/15 TCI pickups?

Phrodo_00

I got a set of these to put on my SE but I can't find any diagrams that tell me what the cables do. I'd assume that black/white/red/green are the same as normal 85/15, but what do I do with the extra orange wire? Looking at a picture the seller sent me of the guts of his guitar, it looks like it's a ground? They're connected to the top lug of the pickup switcher.

I would be interested to know the wiring diagram as well as I am trying to get a set.

I can only assume they are multitap as they are in my guitar. The only thing I can offer is a wiring diagram for the 35th anniversary core if that helps

Thanks. I think they're wired completely differently, though. I was staring at a diagram my seller sent me and poking the pickups with a multimeter, and this are my preliminary conclusions. I sent an email to PRS to see if they can confirm, but I'll probably wire my guitar according to this and make a diagram if it works:

Green, White Black and Red are connected to the pickup wire. The orange wire is connected to the pickup chasis. In the CE they came out of they were wired like:

Neck:
Green: Connect to White
White: Connect to Green
Black: Hot, connect to pickup selector input
Orange: Pickup selector ground
Red: Not sure from the picture, but by elimination it must be connected to ground (in particular the pickup connector's, but it shouldn't matter)

Bridge:
Green: Not sure from the picture, but by elimination it must be connected to ground (in particular the pickup connector's, but it shouldn't matter)
White: Hot. connect to pickup selector input
Black: Connect to red
Orange: Pickup selector ground
Red: Connect to black

Humbuckers are split grounding the cables connected to each other (connecting the 2 coils) through a resistor. I haven't bothered reading the values from the picture, but I assume they're the same as in the old non-TCI CE24 in the website.

The treble bleed circuit also only uses a capacitor unlike the SE 35th (SE Paul's) that uses a capacitor with a resistor in parallel.

That switching

I was saying... That switching in the core 35th is pretty crazy. Are those 3PDT switches?

Also, what program did you use to make that diagram? I was thinking of making mine in a random drawing program, but maybe it'd be better to use something more specialize so that I don't have to draw everything from scratch

I was saying... That switching in the core 35th is pretty crazy. Are those 3PDT switches?

Also, what program did you use to make that diagram? I was thinking of making mine in a random drawing program, but maybe it'd be better to use something more specialize so that I don't have to draw everything from scratch

Yes, 3PDT

I was using DIYLC

I have an S2 I bought a set of core TCI 85/15 the s2 has red, green, white, and shield the TCI HAS RED, GREEN, BLACK, WHITE, AND ORANGE. so would i wire up everything the same and ground the black and orange to the pot?

Back