Check out my SE Angelus Mods! SE owners check out!

ChrisCst22

I have been loving my new SE Angelus Custom. It's a killer guitar. However, I have a soft spot for ebony tuners. All my guitars get them, period. So I started thinking about installing some Phase II's, but I really didn't want to drill new holes. I was researching the Schaller M6 mini's which I've read are drop in replacements, but from I can see only come in black. Black is sort of cheating, I like ebony.

Truth is the stock tuners work perfectly. I really don't see the need for locking tuners, but I wanted the buttons. I just assumed there was no way the ebony buttons I have for Phase II's would fit, they are such different tuners. Low and behold, they fit perfectly!! And so far they operate perfectly!! I couldn't believe it. So in case any of you are wondering, the Stew Mac ebony buttons for Phase II's will fit your SE! I think that's badass, ebony buttons are sweet.

I then decided to switch out a maple truss rod cover I had on my first Custom 22, which had long ago switched to black pup rings, and so the standard cover fit better than the maple. Now this guitar's headstock is just absolutely.... How does Sergio put it? Begging? Or is it bagging? Something like that...

ergz.jpg

a0sz.jpg

h68u.jpg

I love the ebony buttons with an acoustic. And the TRC goes nicely with the color of the top - very cool!

liking the TRC......are the buttons still steel?

The buttons are large ebony for schallers you can get from Stew Mac. All my USA guitars get them, and I just assumed if I wanted them on the SE I would have to switch out the tuners. Turns out the buttons will also fit SE tuners.

I have been loving my new SE Angelus Custom. It's a killer guitar. However, I have a soft spot for ebony tuners. All my guitars get them, period. So I started thinking about installing some Phase II's, but I really didn't want to drill new holes. I was researching the Schaller M6 mini's which I've read are drop in replacements, but from I can see only come in black. Black is sort of cheating, I like ebony.

Truth is the stock tuners work perfectly. I really don't see the need for locking tuners, but I wanted the buttons. I just assumed there was no way the ebony buttons I have for Phase II's would fit, they are such different tuners. Low and behold, they fit perfectly!! And so far they operate perfectly!! I couldn't believe it. So in case any of you are wondering, the Stew Mac ebony buttons for Phase II's will fit your SE! I think that's badass, ebony buttons are sweet.

I then decided to switch out a maple truss rod cover I had on my first Custom 22, which had long ago switched to black pup rings, and so the standard cover fit better than the maple. Now this guitar's headstock is just absolutely.... How does Sergio put it? Begging? Or is it bagging? Something like that...
QUOTE]

ChrisCs22 - did you use the original button screws, or did you use the ones that came with the buttons from StewMac? Thanks.

Thinking of purchasing a 50 Angelus and want black ebony like my custom!
Do you have a part number - or just the stew mac m6 ebony will fit?
Thanks!

I recently found a company called "Man made" that reconfigures PRS SE tuners to Phase III locking tuners and are available in black chrome. I put them on my A50e and love them. Also I have had my A50e for a year and a half and love it. Just sold my Taylor 214ce koa deluxe (hated it) and the Angelus is all I play.

I recently found a company called "Man made" that reconfigures PRS SE tuners to Phase III locking tuners and are available in black chrome. I put them on my A50e and love them. Also I have had my A50e for a year and a half and love it. Just sold my Taylor 214ce koa deluxe (hated it) and the Angelus is all I play.

Incidentally, PRS has just released their factory locking tuners for their SE line. They are also available at Sweetwater. I have also ordered a set of those for my next Angelus purchase. I am just waiting to see if they introduce any new models at NAMM. If they don't, I will buy an A60e. Good luck.

Just a follow up. Took my A50e to the tech today and had him install my new PRS Phase III locking tuners that PRS now makes specifically for all SE models. Check them out, I love'em.

Back