Steve Fischer Angelus ~Flamed Mahogany

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
Well I love my Coco Angelus SO much, it has become my #1 ...for standard tuning . I still wanted to find an earlier Carbon Beam one ..
Being the wood obsessed Luthier , when I came across this rare example ,in Flamed Mahogany body , Cocobolo fb and headstock overlay, Euro Spruce top with flame Maple binding ..
twbg1yw7fia14jndi0mw.jpg
I put it on the list . Well there were 2 offers as of today and they dropped the price to the I can't say no range. SO .... I am now the proud owner of a Steve Fischer ( who designed he unique bracing and CF beam) Angelus as well .
vpoeimq0cllzdmk0zjxh.jpg
q4jq1zgul2xzt1aefdvx.jpg

Nice! That has exactly the same specs as my Steve Fischer - your flamed hog body is much more consistent, though! Wow! Congrats! When I bought mine I thought I spent a lot of $$$, and that was back in early 2020 (right before the pandemic really hit). I can't imagine what they go for now...

It is a fantastic guitar to play, it is my go-to studio acoustic, where I will record via a nice Rode condenser microphone and the DI too to mix in what "sounds best for the song".

The only one left currently is at Ladkor , just had a price drop to $8499 , the "standard " ( after steve left) US made 2012 and later US models are in the mid 5K 's that's what my Cocobolo one is , still a very fine instrument. Some prefer having the adjustable truss rod , for those who do they are a REALLY good value.

My Tonare is a Fischer .. it's the grail ...

Much to my surprise considering the monsoon outside and the weather up north , UPS is delivering a day EARLY ! WooHoo .. "tigger" will make her debut at the Cafe' tomorrow night along with "Angie" her cocobolo sister .

Last edited:
Much to my surprise considering the monsoon outside and the weather up north , UPS is delivering a day EARLY ! WooHoo .. "tigger" will make ker debut at the Cafe' tomorrow night along with "Angie" her cocobolo sister .
Nice! How does "tigger" sound?

A new Fischer "Concerto " which is Steve's name for the Angelus replacement starts at $6500 , With all top woods.. about 3K more ,very similar to what the PS Angelus goes for now .

She just arrived , except for one very small easily fixed scratch she's perfect.

How does she sound ? Well let's just say I'm wondering what to do with the rest of them .... I know it's the "honeymoon " period , but this is the best sounding acoustic I own , and one of the most satisfying to play even counting the electrics.
Very rich across the spectrum . I would say the Cocobolo sounds like a CD and the Mahogany sounds like audiophile vinyl through an old Mac amp.

Sometimes you get lucky and just find one with Magic..

Ok old wolf your search is finally ended ... whew! I beat the Reaper to the Grail !

Last edited:
She just arrived , except for one very small easily fixed scratch she's perfect.

How does she sound ? Well let's just say I'm wondering what to do with the rest of them .... I know it's the "honeymoon " period , but this is the best sounding acoustic I own , and one of the most satisfying to play even counting the electrics.

Sometimes you get lucky and just find one with Magic..

Ok old wolf your search is finally ended ... whew! I beat the Reaper to the Grail !
Good On You My Friend!

Back