PRS Phase 1 Gotoh Tuner Buttons

GreenEggsAndDeath

Hola, First time poster here, though I've lingered about for awhile.

I'm looking for replacement buttons for the tuner buttons on my '99 Custom 24 PRS. According to another thread I saw here, my guitar seems to have the Gotoh winged tuners, with black plastic buttons. I guess 24, goin' on 25 years is not bad for endurance, but one of the plastic buttons has finally cracked. I've looked many places and been referred to the M6 Schaller Lg buttons as fitting (they don't), before I found the thread here earlier and realized my guitar most likely has the Gotoh. The hole connecting the button to the tuner is approx. 1/4" wide.

Does anyone know where I can get just replacement buttons for the Phase 1 (lg) Gotohs? They don't necessarily have to be the same black plastic, though that is preferred. At this point I'll look at anything as long as it fits. Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum.. these should work

Hola, First time poster here, though I've lingered about for awhile.

I'm looking for replacement buttons for the tuner buttons on my '99 Custom 24 PRS. According to another thread I saw here, my guitar seems to have the Gotoh winged tuners, with black plastic buttons. I guess 24, goin' on 25 years is not bad for endurance, but one of the plastic buttons has finally cracked. I've looked many places and been referred to the M6 Schaller Lg buttons as fitting (they don't), before I found the thread here earlier and realized my guitar most likely has the Gotoh. The hole connecting the button to the tuner is approx. 1/4" wide.

Does anyone know where I can get just replacement buttons for the Phase 1 (lg) Gotohs? They don't necessarily have to be the same black plastic, though that is preferred. At this point I'll look at anything as long as it fits. Thanks for any help!

I have a set of them somewhere, black plastic, taken off the 99 Standard 24. The one from the link above should work, but message me if you are stuck

Thank you for the quick reply!
I'll take a closer look at those. I saw them on Reverb the other day, but I had already been "burned" by the Schaller M6 buttons I purchased from StewMac and so shied away from them. I Can see from the Reverb picture the bottom opening is different than the ones I purchased and does look a bit wider.

At the very least I can message the seller to make sure. Thank you, I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Welcome to the forum.. these should work

Those aren’t the ones.

He needs the Phase II compatible tuner buttons.

Here are the tuners I need the buttons for. The Button/Knob sitting askew on the left is the Schaller M6 style I got from StewMac. Only reason it even slightly fits on is some ... creative widening, but it isn't enough, and if I go further it'll definitely split that button, also.

C1MR2V6.png

Back