SE Hollowbody ii Piezo “Upgrades” - Tuners, Pickguard and knob

elvenmonster

Hi all! Decided to introduce myself by starting my first thread here :) Got my first PRS - an SE Hollowbody II Piezo a few weeks ago. I’m still not good at playing yet, so I do some at-home mods to my guitars haha.

Installed a Les Paul pickguard on this one (no screws drilled or any other permanent changes), put in some Gotoh Locking Tuners with Tone Ninja wooden buttons to match the maple binding, and some UFO style knobs.

Still need to find a good PRS sticker to hide that hole on the pickguard. Lmk if anyone has any leads!

Picks incoming …

OK, Here's a general interest question.
Some guys would Relic a MiM Strat for example, I prob would too,but for some reason I would not relic My Silver Sky SE.
In the PRS sphere, what's the ratio of purists vs experimenters that would Not alter their prized Axe?
Some may say that So much went into the design and fabrication...Good enough for Paul...Good enough for me!

Thoughts?

OK, Here's a general interest question.
Some guys would Relic a MiM Strat for example, I prob would too,but for some reason I would not relic My Silver Sky SE.
In the PRS sphere, what's the ratio of purists vs experimenters that would Not alter their prized Axe?
Some may say that So much went into the design and fabrication...Good enough for Paul...Good enough for me!

Thoughts?

I bought a brand new Limited Edition (the one with the hollowbirds) Dustin Waring CE24. The first thing I did was contact Marty Bell to see if he'd refinish it in bass boat sparkle fuchsia. I changed the pickups to 57/08s. I installed a 1984 reissue Original Floyd Rose in chrome.

It went from a dull, Schecter-looking thing to a flamboyant, inspiring rock-and-roll BEAST.

I bought a brand new Limited Edition (the one with the hollowbirds) Dustin Waring CE24. The first thing I did was contact Marty Bell to see if he'd refinish it in bass boat sparkle fuchsia. I changed the pickups to 57/08s. I installed a 1984 reissue Original Floyd Rose in chrome.

It went from a dull, Schecter-looking thing to a flamboyant, inspiring rock-and-roll BEAST.

She is Smokin' !!

Thanks guys! Yea I like the pickguard as well haha. I've taken it off for now but I can imagine myself swapping it on and off depending on my mood. Takes barely a minute anyways!

Not to detract from elvenmonsters thread but can we see more pics of your CE? Maybe a full frontal shot? :)

Back