Phase 3 Locking Tuner Swap

BaconDad

Hello,

New member and PRS owner here -- please move if not in the correct place.

I'm looking to swap out my existing chrome phase 3 buttons for a gold set. Before I buy an entire new hybrid set and try to sell the chrome set, is there anyone out there that would be interested in swapping buttons?

Hello,

New member and PRS owner here -- please move if not in the correct place.

I'm looking to swap out my existing chrome phase 3 buttons for a gold set. Before I buy an entire new hybrid set and try to sell the chrome set, is there anyone out there that would be interested in swapping buttons?

Maybe buy a set of gold buttons, rather than a whole tuner set?

In my limited research, PRS does not sell the Phase III gold buttons as a standalone option. Gotoh sells gold buttons, but they are of differing weight. The only option seems to be a trade or to buy a new set of gold Phase III locking tuners.
Unfortunately, this is how it is. Another thing to be aware of is that they changed the buttons on the tuners so you are only going to be able to buy the Phase III tuners with gold buttons on them until they run out of stock.

I don't know if these will fit or not. You can contact the company to find out.

They might fit but the PRS buttons are made of a material that is lighter. They have them made specifically for them. These are probably made of a heavier material. That could affect the guitar but it may not be enough for some to hear or care.

They might fit but the PRS buttons are made of a material that is lighter. They have them made specifically for them. These are probably made of a heavier material. That could affect the guitar but it may not be enough for some to hear or care.
I swapped out the metal ones on my DGT SE to small faux bone tuner buttons.

Back