Car and truck lovers unite.

Not my main driver now but has carried my butt for around 200K miles, with one engine rebuild. Nearly impossible to flip as I found out going 60 mph sideways on an freeway exit ramp in LA though that stunt trashed a rear wheel bearing.

30sec.jpg

Last edited:
What an iconic car. I always look for particular features to be able to discern the year of the car. I don’twhat year it is sorry. Big block 454 L7
I am guessing somewhere between 74 and 79 by the vents on the front fender and the hood.

My friend had one! Lime green!
Not my main driver now but has carried my butt for around 200K miles, with one engine rebuild. Nearly impossible to flip as I found out going 60 mph sideways on an exit ramp in LA though that stunt trashed a rear wheel bearing.

30sec.jpg

I am guessing somewhere between 74 and 79 by the vents on the front fender and the hood.
With chrome bumpers front and rear it's pre 72 .
73 had chrome rear bumper, plastic front.
74 upwards had USA dot regulation plastic impact bumpers all round.

I had a 74 convertible for many years.

If that is an LS7, it is a 1970 (side grilles are 1970-1972, clear turn signals are 1970 and some 1971, LS7 was just 1970 and never saw mass production). I have a 1971 LS6 that is beautiful and a pretty terrible thing to drive as a tall person, unfortunately. It shakes and makes the right noises for sure though :)

Not my main driver now but has carried my butt for around 200K miles, with one engine rebuild. Nearly impossible to flip as I found out going 60 mph sideways on an freeway exit ramp in LA though that stunt trashed a rear wheel bearing.

30sec.jpg
I had a '72 2.0 that was sunflower yellow. These are great little cars for the twisties.

I had a '72 2.0 that was sunflower yellow. These are great little cars for the twisties.
Very close to the original Saturn Yellow on mine before I went with silver after a few decades.

Pulled this pic off a 914 forum:

70 Canary Yellow (front)
73-4 Sunflower Yellow (middle)
74 Chrome Yellow or Saturn Yellow (in the garage)
Screenshot-2023-08-03-at-12-57-06-PM.png

Back