Car and truck lovers unite.

Lola

❤️guitar
Thought I might start a thread for those who of us who love cars and trucks. Doesn’t matter what it is, a pic, an opinion whatever. I like talking cars and trucks as most of you know by now. I just thought I would start a thread about it. I am on the hunt right now. Going to dig up some pictures.

Two cars I always wanted, but the cash and opportunity nexus never happened:

1960 Corvette
1960_chevrolet_corvette_convertible-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg

1967 GTO
1967-gto-heasley_010.jpg

Last edited:
For our first wedding anniversary, in 1989, my wife got me a ride in one of these.

pMqtfaz.jpg

There was a guy in the Chicago area that had several exotic cars and he would, for a fee, meet you somewhere with the car, go over the details/specs, and then take you for a ride. Doing 130mph on a frontage road along side of a Chicago freeway was pretty exhilarating.

For our first wedding anniversary, in 1989, my wife got me a ride in one of these.

pMqtfaz.jpg

There was a guy in the Chicago area that had several exotic cars and he would, for a fee, meet you somewhere with the car, go over the details/specs, and then take you for a ride. Doing 130mph on a frontage road along side of a Chicago freeway was pretty exhilarating.
One of my all time favorite cars. I was riding down the road on one of my motorcycles one day and spotted a red one of these at a car lot on display. I rode home and got my 35mm camera and went back and took a bunch of picture. I still have those pictures somewhere.

My other all time favorite is the Ford Cobra, red with white stripes. I could live with a blue one with white stripes too. :)

My dad drove a big truck for about 40 years after getting out of the army.
This one tried to kill him, but we didn't hold a grudge - I mean it proves I wasn't a vampire 45 years ago.
CK_99PSelfInBumper.JPG

Our nod at a practical car to finish my degree in when we found out Mrs was pregnant. You could mix a milk shake in it if you dared drive over 160 in it.
CK_TransAm1978.JPG

We did get a more practical car to drive our second kid around in.
CK_27CanoeSnowedOnSable.JPG

Now I mostly drive a simple car with the right tires for the season.
You need the right rubber in the snow belt.
CK_18GTIAtSnowWall.JPG

pMqtfaz.jpg

'i hope you get an 88 lamb and have to spend weekends driving strangers around for money.'

This is a pic of me driving my '01 530i through The Dragon. I think this was in 2017. This car was basically destroyed in the 100 year hailstorm of 2011. My wonderful insurance company did not total it. That was after waiting 3 months just to get an appointment with the adjusters. Then it was 6 months until the body shop could work me in. They had it 9 weeks. New roof, trunklid, hood, windshield, side mirrors, full paint job. It looked better than new. I had it set up with a +3, staggered w/19" wheels. Just a few weeks before this pic all suspension had been replaced, including lowering it 2". The hydraulic steering rack in that car was the best I've ever felt! Anyway, here ya' go:
Jht8hof.jpg

well, i don't drive and wanted to help.
Join the crew. Ever since my concussion in 2011 I had my license taken off me. My vision in my right eye was very damaged. I have had corrective surgery but my eye is still off. I was very emotional when my doctor told me I could no longer drive. Even a bicycle can be dangerous when I get double vision. Even watching tv can be a pain. It’s just something that I have to deal with!

Join the crew. Ever since my concussion in 2011 I had my license taken off me. My vision in my right eye was very damaged. I have had corrective surgery but my eye is still off. I was very emotional when my doctor told me I could no longer drive. Even a bicycle can be dangerous when I get double vision. Even watching tv can be a pain. It’s just something that I have to deal with!
that sounds bad! i could deal with the passengerism but not the headaches.

Thought I might start a thread for those who of us who love cars and trucks. Doesn’t matter what it is, a pic, an opinion whatever. I like talking cars and trucks as most of you know by now. I just thought I would start a thread about it. I am on the hunt right now. Going to dig up some pictures.
I have been back on Facebook for a month, and started "liking" classic cars that showed up, so I get a steady supply of killer rides every day now.

Back