Can I get your thoughts on this limited edition?

Hi guys.

Well, no. I didn't get it. Saw that a mate was getting into a bidding war with another guy and left them to it. My mate won. This is good news for two reasons. 1) I know where it is and have dibs and, 2) He'll likely sell one of his other choice pieces to fund it :)

Sorry you didn't get the guitar, but good on you for knowing when to step back. I got into a bidding war once on a guitar owned by a player I really admire. I finally asked myself why I was still bidding because my only connection to the guitar was the owner. As it turned out, he put another guitar up for sale a few weeks later that was a better fit, and I bought that one off him (no auction). Much more useful guitar for me.

Sorry you didn't get the guitar, but good on you for knowing when to step back. I got into a bidding war once on a guitar owned by a player I really admire. I finally asked myself why I was still bidding because my only connection to the guitar was the owner. As it turned out, he put another guitar up for sale a few weeks later that was a better fit, and I bought that one off him (no auction). Much more useful guitar for me.
Is this story available anywhere?!?!?! Sounds interesting.

Kevin

Wow that went cheap, there's one here in Aus for sale that's $4K AUD...

Prob a good thing I'm late to the party, Mum is over in NZ looking after her Dad atm, she could have totally brought it back for me! (not that I would have wanted to steal it from you or your mate)

I would steal a West Street from.... anybody. I suppose y’all knew that when you bought me mine. Not sure if it wasn’t a kind of insurance policy for some of the guys that chipped in. :p
I keep having to remind myself that I'm not a 24-fret kinda guy otherwise I'd be all over the local one. Interesting that the bridge is different to the 1980-spec ones?

I would steal a West Street from.... anybody. I suppose y’all knew that when you bought me mine. Not sure if it wasn’t a kind of insurance policy for some of the guys that chipped in. :p

I felt lucky to make it out of your pad with mine......and that I didn't get poisoned or knocked over the head.

2 things mate

1. NZ is a beautiful country I keep coming back for holidays. Your mountains and rivers and lakes are my happy place

2. How bout that bidding war. Fancy being outbid by 10 bucks at the last minute

I felt lucky to make it out of your pad with mine......and that I didn't get poisoned or knocked over the head.

Never, buddy! I love you and wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize your health until the Red Wedding.... err... I mean Santanafest. :rolleyes:

Back