Fake PRS Silver Sky SE on Ebay with serial number

Golf9911

Was looking for a used S.S. SE on eBay a few days ago, there are a couple in mint or excellent condition under $500. eBay was recommending a new custom S.S SE with a serial number and PRS backplate and headstock for $355 and $315 with free shipping from China. Searching for the listed serial number yield multiple sites in different countries, same person, same ad:
Ebay Listing
Ebay Listing 2
(To see pictures from their “show room and factory” scroll to the bottom of the listing)
Hello, friends,

Welcome to my shop, we are guitar factory in China, we produce
all kinds of electric guitar, electric bass, shaped guitar and guitar
can custom make what you want the logo, I accept your requirements can make the best guitar!

Please contact us If you need more details pictures, Thank you, Have a happy shopping!
If you want to sell our guitars in your country, we can offer yu a better
price, of course, we need to work with you for a long time!
If you have any questions, yot me! I you a happy shopping!

Besides the ethical and legal standpoint, this is also a failed business model. Who would pay $355 for a counterfeit where you can get a mint condition original for $450-480?

These things are all over the websites for pretty much all makers and brands.. they don't use real pics of product recieved. Guaranteed the guitar will not be the pictured. Common practice with counterfeiting.

These things are all over the websites for pretty much all makers and brands.. they don't use real pics of product recieved. Guaranteed the guitar will not be the pictured. Common practice with counterfeiting.
I am looking at the reviews under sold items/ guitars. “Just like described, 5 star AAAAA+.”
Messaged the seller( 98.8%Positive Feedback) about it last night.:

"Hello buyer,

Our factory can made you want any headstock and logo ,if you want please buy ."

China is the Wild West of the knockoff world and nobody can do anything about it. At least this seller was clear on what it was. Many of them are totally dishonest and copy the box, manual and everything of the various fake items they make, pretending in every way possible to make you think you're buying an item made by the real company they are ripping off. This is RAMPANT in the knife world with BIG sellers on both ebay and Amazon selling thousands of counterfeit knives, using company logos, and more of the real company they are ripping off. Duplicating their colors, boxes, an all, to convince you it's real.

I am looking at the reviews under sold items/ guitars. “Just like described, 5 star AAAAA+.”
Messaged the seller( 98.8%Positive Feedback) about it last night.:

"Hello buyer,

Our factory can made you want any headstock and logo ,if you want please buy ."
I counterfeit guitars.. but my reviews are legit! Lol

The knock offs use fake pics and whatever else.. believe em all you want and please post NGD pics somewhere else.

They can make them, and some are close, esp for something similar to a strat. But the pics are of a legit SSSE. They don't look just like that, close, maybe, but those pics are not their product. It's the original purchased to make the knock off. Common practice.

I counterfeit guitars.. but my reviews are legit! Lol

Serious question:
How do you fake 200 reviews on eBay from all different buyers, sold items ranging from $35-$800 , some of the buyers has 1000 or even 5000+ reviews? From the seller side you must provide a tracking number, which is checked and verified by eBay. You will have to pay postage fee, a fee for ebay after selling an item thats all cost money.

Chicken hawk

"Interesting. There was a forum member that recently posted about a SESS that had many, many imperfections. I'm convinced that was also a counterfeit after receiving and reviewing my SESS"

Either a counterfeit or maybe whatever parts/ guitars were discarded by QC someone grabbed them and built guitars out of them?

Alnus Rubra

I saw “PRS style kits” before, but I never see a company advertising on eBay that they are selling counterfeit guitars with actual serial numbers in mass and just state that they will put anything you want on the headstock .
Same seller:

Private Stock

High Quality Electric Guitar, PRS

I know someone that went down the road of ordering China fakes. Some of the guitars he received were actually not terrible. The did however have brand names of the guitar they were building the fake of on them. He was communicating with them and specifying all of the features of the guitars. He even was able to order one with no electronics in it and he loaded good electronics in it. I think in the end after buying a few of them he realized they were just okay guitars. None of them were great or even really good in the end. They will never stand up to the real guitar they are made to look like.

I am surprised they are knocking off an SE. They usually go for the high end, more like the USA SS.

The worst thing about the knockoffs is the opportunity for someone selling one to fool someone that doesn't know what they are looking at into spending way more money on it than what it is worth thinking they are getting a good deal on a legit guitar. There is a special place in hell for those sellers.

Back