Artist Model - waiting time after order?

jbloggs

Can anybody give me an idea of the waiting time for an Artist version of a production model guitar ?

havent decided on model yet but want a Rosewood Neck and my choice of colour.

Thanks

PS - Will be ordering from Australia.

Mine was completed in 10 weeks as my dealer initially predicted
But it may take a bit longer sometimes
Oh what an exciting waiting period :D

I custom ordered a 408 last year, and it took almost 8 months. By comparison, my Private Stock only took 3 months from start to finish.

Just an idea of where things stand currently.

Ordered in mid May. Was originally told it should be 'around' 3 months. I've since gotten 2 estimated completion dates, both of which have since fallen by the wayside.

So, I'm currently at 5 months and counting......

Audie,

When did you order, and when did you receive your guitar? I'm starting to get worried!!

Kevin

Just got my Artist Hollowbody, need to to do a NGD. It took exactly 4 months. Worth every minute of wait and more!

Kes7U,

I would not worry. Quality Control may have found something and caused a delay, which is a good thing. Something else could have come up as well. I have never been disappointed. Just the same, Sorry you are having to wait.

Thanks guys - 3 or 4 months + - may give it a miss and just keep an eye on local dealers or maybe another trip to Japan.

My hb2 took 5-1/2 months. It has a maple neck and apparently that was the delay. So worth it. BTW I live in MD.

Thanks guys - 3 or 4 months + - may give it a miss and just keep an eye on local dealers or maybe another trip to Japan.

Yeah. I would definitely keep my eyes open as well. In particular, some of these Private Stock series being released are amazing. (Ask me how I know!) Just look around the forum to see examples.

I wonder if the composition of the guitar also has bearing on build time. Mine has Indian Rosewood neck with Brazilian fingerboard.

12 agonizing weeks for mine. It was worth every day, though! Probably a little longer to get to Oz. Good luck!!!

Hi jbloggs,

In my case (cu24 artist) it was ordered at the end of February and delivered by the end of September, but being in Spain must have not helped (not sure how many are ordered as there is only one dealer).

Waiting was the worst part of it but now that I got her, I can tell you that every minute was worthwhile!!!

Good luck and patience!
Tono

justmund, havent decided yet but it looks like I'll just keep my eyes open and buy on impulse if I see something I like.

Did that last year with an Experience 2012 P22.

Wouldnt mind a HBII but with a maple or rosewood neck.

Really it's just more GAS.

Back