AP Custom 24-08 - The interminable wait.....IS OVER!!

Glad to hear you're digging it! and that you finally have it! Good one by the Mrs to go and get it for you.

I have, of course, developed a cold. I actually feel like 10 miles of bad road. My time with the new guitar has been limited to mainly unplugged playing as I sit / lie on the couch and feel sorry for myself.

I have done some plugged-in playing, but not enough to really get a feel for it other than these 8515 are quite a bit hotter than I'm used to. Enough with the jibber jabber...

Artis Package 2408, EIRW neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, Copperhead burst finish.

20191211-205105.jpg

20191211-205123.jpg

20191211-205209.jpg

20191211-205224.jpg

And a couple of family photos. Here it is with my Vela, and AP HBII

20191211-205334.jpg

20191211-205346.jpg
20191211-205417.jpg

xc2vdXrJ

Last edited:
Nice! Get well, I feel like I got hit by truck and am trying to soldier through the rest of my week. Being sick on NGD sucks.

I have, of course, developed a cold. I actually feel like 10 miles of bad road. My time with the new guitar has been limited to mainly unplugged playing as I sit / lie on the couch and feel sorry for myself.

I have done some plugged-in playing, but not enough to really get a feel for it other than these 8515 are quite a bit hotter than I'm used to. Enough with the jibber jabber...

Artis Package 2408, EIRW neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, Copperhead burst finish.

20191211-205105.jpg

20191211-205123.jpg

20191211-205209.jpg

20191211-205224.jpg

And a couple of family photos. Here it is with my Vela, and AP HBII

20191211-205334.jpg

20191211-205346.jpg
20191211-205417.jpg

xc2vdXrJ
Fantastic! Glad the wait is finally over!
Remember to use the tone knob abundantly.

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Man, after the long wait and having to suffer through a cold...seems like you just can't catch a break. Glad to hear it's home, safe and sound though, and you'll have a beautiful guitar to keep your spirits up!

I've noticed something about the 24-08's lately. On mine, the mini-toggles are spaced a little bit closer together than yours. I've seen them both ways and I'm curious if the CNC machine was adjusted to have them spaced further apart at some point during production. Not that any of it makes a difference, but it's just something I noticed.

A pic of mine...
JswmZRc.jpg

Mine, too, has the East-Indian Rosewood neck with Brazilian board...such a fantastic instrument.

Congrats, again, on yours!!!

Last edited:
Bummer about the illness - feel better soon!

Really digging the curly top on your 2408, and RW neck with Braz boards are always a win in my book!

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Man, after the long wait and having to suffer through a cold...seems like you just can't catch a break. Glad to hear it's home, safe and sound though, and you'll have a beautiful guitar to keep your spirits up!

I've noticed something about the 24-08's lately. On mine, the mini-toggles are spaced a little bit closer together than yours. I've seen them both ways and I'm curious if the CNC machine was adjusted to have them spaced further apart at some point during production. Not that any of it makes a difference, but it's just something I noticed.

A pic of mine...
JswmZRc.jpg

Mine, too, has the East-Indian Rosewood neck with Brazilian board...such a fantastic instrument.

Congrats, again, on yours!!!

Mine are close together also. Mine is a 2017 WL.

That’s probably just to make room for washers! :eek::rolleyes:

Dredging this thread up because I finally have a recording!! The guitar is really versatile. The single coil sounds are quite clean and convincing, and the double coils are very juicy and hit!! From a feel perspective it's a very responsive instrument. It's REALLY heavy. I haven't weighed it, but it's a darn heavy instrument.

I recorded a majority of the guitar parts on this with the 24-08. There's also some Vela on here, because I absolutely love the way the Vela records (and plays). However, most of the guitar you hear on here is the 24-08 including the solo.

Please give it a listen and I hope you enjoy!!!

https://soundcloud.com/radiomoved/i-cant-breathe

Dredging this thread up because I finally have a recording!! The guitar is really versatile. The single coil sounds are quite clean and convincing, and the double coils are very juicy and hit!! From a feel perspective it's a very responsive instrument. It's REALLY heavy. I haven't weighed it, but it's a darn heavy instrument.

I recorded a majority of the guitar parts on this with the 24-08. There's also some Vela on here, because I absolutely love the way the Vela records (and plays). However, most of the guitar you hear on here is the 24-08 including the solo.

Nice share, thanks.

Very nice work. Glad you’re digging that guitar.

Sounds lush! Nicely done sir!

Back