Anybody else playing pickleball?

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
The “all about bicycles“ thread got me thinking about (lack of) winter aerobic exercise. I’ve been playing on an indoor court about twice a week. What an awesome game. Anybody else swinging a paddle?

I haven’t, but it seems inevitable soon. One of my long time friends that I played tennis with as a teenager, has taken it up and keeps telling me we need to play some time, but so far, we haven’t worked it out. He’s really enjoying it. I know very little about it. They’ve had things on TV about it, but they zoom in on the person hitting the ball and you can’t really see the game action.

I played some racquetball in college, but always had to quit during tennis season. It was really fun, but I’m guessing way more aggressive than pickle ball. But, still haven’t seen enough game action to really know.

I rent out school building for a living. We’ve got more PB folks in than we used to. I love tennis, but haven’t played in a while. Racquetball is 20 years in the past for me, but what a blast that was! I’ve tried PB once. Fun, but not quite my thing.

I’ve only played once but it was a lot of fun. I visited a friend out of state and played there. Came back and ordered two sets of paddles. Haven’t played since but would like too. I had a blast.

Lola, I'm with you there. Never even heard of it until a couple years ago while visiting my brother in Yuma. All the rage down there it seems. Now there's a court where our village outdoor skating rink used to be. I would have preferred a putting green actually. Character flaw I guess. Ah well, I'll just sit on the deck and play...(guitar):)

I have thought about getting into this but don't know much about it. Living in Florida I can play outside all year. There seems to be a decent interest in my area for this.

It's definitely an old people's game.

"So? You're old."

"Yes, but I lie to myself and think I'm young."

"How's that working out?"

"Uh...depends on the day you ask me." ;)

Hey I played ping pong and I am in pretty good shape but playing one particular game damned near killed me. My opponent did a slam dunk and it popped off the table and landed then hit me in my right eye. I had a bruise like you wouldn’t believe from a little rinky dink plastic ball. It really hurt!! When I play with this guy I will wear goggles next time! Lol He always uses cheap shots like that to win. I should of know better.

We played ping pong at the cottage using the kitchen island for our table. We used it length wise. A very interesting game. The long shots you could get and the speed were amazing.

I love darts too! I have definitely lost my touch. I know it would just be a matter of practice.

Btw any old schoolers like me play lawn darts? The ones you could kill someone with? We had them had the cottage a long time ago. They were fun then and no one ever thought they were dangerous.

Btw I am still looking for my Edgewalk pics. Don’t know where they are.

If you really think it’s “definitely an old people’s game,” you need to look at some of the championship play on YouTube.

That definitely looks like fun! More pace than I anticipated, so I’m now officially interested.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back