Another trip to Ft. Wayne

Where's your loyalty? It had to be Wiedemann, Hudepohl, or Schoenling Little Kings. They worked equally well with a Skyline stop.

Yeah, but 11top is in northern Indiana. If he was having them here, Little Kings for sure!

My dad owned a beer distributorship in central Indiana while I was at IU. He had all the Ohio and Pennsylvania brands listed here. I and my buddies have downed many a Little King.

That place is huge! Not being from the US, I had no idea Sweetwater (or Sweet Eater as my iPhone corrects) was a massive chain.

Well, it is a huge campus, but it is not a chain. What’s amazing is that it is the world’s largest mail-order music store with ONE location, and it was started by the owner selling band equipment in his garage and delivering in his car. He still owns it. Quite a success story, and an admirable endeavor.

Well, it is a huge campus, but it is not a chain. What’s amazing is that it is the world’s largest mail-order music store with ONE location, and it was started by the owner selling band equipment in his garage and delivering in his car. He still owns it. Quite a success story, and an admirable endeavor.
That seals the deal. Now I have to visit.

Anyway, what'd you pick up?

Would love to visit that place...

What did you get?

C'mon Steve, almost 40 posts in and we still don't know what you picked up? If this keeps up it's bound to turn into a pun thread.

Did I miss you post where you said what you had picked up? Pics?

I aspire to this

And here we are, all waiting for that elusive answer...
"How do you keep a fool in suspense?"
"Tell you later, maybe..."
:p

Steve…………we’re waiting…………..whutdijou get?

Did I miss something, or are we just going to skip over the part where we get to see what the result of the 180 mile round trip was?:)

Could be that it is “unpostable” on this forum…
Just a guess.

Ok, ok ,ok, ok, ok ok….
(Or should this be posted on that “other thread?” ;))

Last edited:
My dad owned a beer distributorship in central Indiana while I was at IU. He had all the Ohio and Pennsylvania brands listed here. I and my buddies have downed many a Little King.
An IU sunset from Steve's college days?

VtJBAJ5.jpg

That
is
GORGEOUS!
Congrats! What pups are in it, and how do you like it?

Thanks. This is a ‘68 Reissue Custom with an R9 neck carve. I’m a huge fan of the new Standard Custombuckers (my favorite pickups), so I had them put in this. I love it, but it is a bit heavier than my others at slightly over 9 lbs.

Last edited:
:

Yup. He sold Genesee, too, but I don’t remember them called “hand granades.” Was that because of short stubby bottles?
Short stubby bottles and one of the bad habits of my youth. They were perfect for throwing at road signs. It was practically a sport amongst my friends. And yes, I have regretted that since I grew up, and tried to do my part to make up for it.

:

Yup. He sold Genesee, too, but I don’t remember them called “hand granades.” Was that because of short stubby bottles?

Mr. 11top, I've googled it twice now, and so far, even the almighty google can't find them. In our area, they came in 8 packs of short, stubby 8 oz. bottles. Everything I find online is taller (normal bottle shape) or short stubby 12 oz bottles. These 8 packs of 8 oz bottles were the beverage of choice amongst a group of my friends. They tasted way better (IMO) than Little Kings, and were perfect "throwing" size.

I know, I know. Not a litterbug. But as Dean Wormer said "skinny, buzzed and stupid is no way to go through life, son. But you do have a good arm."

Funny side note to this, and a "lesson" from my youth. This is during college. My former boss had a jeep and we rarely had the top on, so we'd drink one, and hit the next sign we passed with the empty. We'd always play "whoever hits the most, wins something... maybe the odd extra beer or whatever. Well one of my friends didn't go to college, and was working and went out and bought himself a brand new car. The VERY FIRST night he had it, they were out on the back roads partying and one of my other friends in the passenger seat throws a Genebomb at a square yellow "curve ahead" sign. It hit right on the edge of the sign, so instead of the glass breaking, it hits the sign and bends it back then springs back off of it and hits the car... shattering the windshield. The owner was so pi$$ed he couldn't see straight BUT, knew it was his fault. He was doing it too.

The lesson here, for you young kids, is NEVER throw beer bottles out of a moving vehicle, and at a road sign... unless of course you have good enough aim and timing to hit it square. :D

Back