Another trip to Ft. Wayne

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
I got a call from Sweetwater that my 13 month old order had arrived, so…..
Being the old bored retired guy, I jumped in my car and drove 90 miles to pick it up. Sweetwater is such a cool, state-of-the-art place that I thought I’d share some pics.

From the parking lot:

The mall of the retail stores (electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass, guitars, percussion, keyboards, live sound, used gear, apparel, etc):

The good stuff:

Cafeteria (with good food discounted for employees):

Dining area:

This place is amazing. Over 2,000 employees at this single location. There are state-of-the-art studios and conference rooms and massage therapists on hand. It’s very employee friendly. Outside is a huge paved area for Gearfest and other events and also has a large outdoor stage drawing major acts in warm weather.

That looks great. I particularly like the faded Persian-style rugs and leather benches in the acoustic guitar room that you photographed - very Pottery Barn. :p

Seriously, I have the matching stools, and a slightly different rug, in my studio (yeah I know. I'm weird, so what).

Anyway, what'd you pick up?

I got a call from Sweetwater that my 13 month old order had arrived, so…..
Being the old bored retired guy, I jumped in my car and drove 90 miles to pick it up. Sweetwater is such a cool, state-of-the-art place that I thought I’d share some pics.

From the parking lot:

The mall of the retail stores (electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass, guitars, percussion, keyboards, live sound, used gear, apparel, etc):

The good stuff:

Cafeteria (with good food discounted for employees):

Dining area:

This place is amazing. Over 2,000 employees at this single location. There are state-of-the-art studios and conference rooms and massage therapists on hand. It’s very employee friendly. Outside is a huge paved area for Gearfest and other events and also has a large outdoor stage drawing major acts in warm weather.
That's one amazing place. I didn't know they sold 13 month olds too.

That looks great. I particularly like the faded Persian-style rugs and leather benches in the acoustic guitar room that you photographed - very Pottery Barn. :p

Seriously, I have the matching stools, and a slightly different rug, in my studio (yeah I know. I'm weird, so what).

Anyway, what'd you pick up?

Les, you may be the only person here that looks at those pics and mentions the rugs and Pottery Barn. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D:D:D

Thanks for the pictures, which make it clear that ... it's everything you said it is. A mall for musical instruments!

Quite impressive.

=K

That explains why I never received a discount from Sweetwater :eek:

Sweetwater insisted "you're paying for our (unsolicited) advice", apparently I was paying for their terrazzo.

Last edited:
p.s. I'm GOING to a Gear Fest when they have one, and being the personable guy I am, I'll wave if I see any of you there! Might even blow you a kiss.

I’ll never miss one if I can help it. It has grown every year until it’s become quite the destination and a helluva good time. All the big vendors (including Smith and Co.) are touting their products in tents outside. Food trucks are on hand. Great artist sessions are held, and top artists are gracing the big stage all day and into the evening.

That explains why I never received a discount from Sweetwater :eek:

Sweetwater insisted "you're paying for our SE's advise", apparently I was paying for their terrazzo.
All due respect, you might want to check the total sales and revenue numbers for Sweetwater before you think you funded any of that. It's a HUGE business. I have 7 still running windows computers but I'm not exactly thinking Bill Gates owes me for his private jet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll never miss one if I can help it. It has grown every year until it’s become quite the destination and a helluva good time. All the big vendors (including Smith and Co.) are touting their products in tents outside. Food trucks are on hand. Great artist sessions are held, and top artists are gracing the big stage all day and into the evening.

Moving forward, I intend to be able to say the same. Not that far away for me. I promise to wave. Unless.... you are wearing a disguise :eek:

Back