Angelus SE Neck Profile

G77

Greetings good people, I find these guitars to be very cool and actually, this is the reason for being on this forum. I asked the question in one of the threads but there was no answer so I hope new thread will get more attention.

Do these guitars have thin neck profile? And how would you compare the neck thickness to Fender DC, Yamaha APC / CPX / A or Taylor 114ce/214ce.
Unfortunately, there are no Angelus guitars in local stores in my hometown, so your opinion and possible comparison to these guitars that I've played is very important.

Thanks in advance!

Neck shape is one of those personal things to me. I think Taylor necks feel chunkier to me than Martin or PRS. I'm not sure they're actually thicker, it may just be the shape more than actual thickness. I have a simple test whenever I play a guitar, and it's absolutely critical on 12-string guitars - if I can transition from several other chords to a Bm barred at 2nd fret comfortably, I like the neck. If the transition is awkward, I put it back on wall and walk away. It's not a difficult chord, but for my hand, on wide or thick necks it just feels uncomfortable. I actually bought a Taylor 12 string and returned it 2 days later due to hand cramping on that chord. I've played a couple of low end Yamaha's (not sure which model) that a friend of mine was looking at (I'm his "this is good quality" judge apparently). They felt closer to the PRS SE Angelus I have, so not sure they're actually similar (couldn't A/B them) but they didn't feel uncomfortable like Taylor's do. Not sure on the Fender models, I have a bit of bias against Fender in general, so avoid their guitars.

I'm not sure where you are, but many of the online stores offer 10 or 14 day return policies. It may be you have to buy/try and decide to keep or return. That's really the only way you'll know if it's for you or not. If it's not, send it back within a couple of days and you shouldn't have trouble with return if it's not blemished. Just don't ding it!! :wink:

I have a simple test whenever I play a guitar, and it's absolutely critical on 12-string guitars - if I can transition from several other chords to a Bm barred at 2nd fret comfortably, I like the neck. If the transition is awkward, I put it back on wall and walk away.

I'm going to use that test.

Back