Alterbridge - Addicted To Pain (New Single!)

themike

Wow.... Alterbridge has always been a band I enjoyed, but was a little on the softer side of what I typically listen to when it comes to metal.

This new song is absolutely killer! Fast, aggressive but melodic with a HUGE production and array of tones. I like it a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, will there be a whole album?
I never buy singles.

Nice hearing Myle's and Mark's playing again.

You know, I like Myles with Slash, but he fuggin' flat out rocks with Mark!
:adore:

Can that single be downloaded anywhere yet?

Last edited:
Another great Alterbridge song! PRS tones amazing and rich as always, and great solo too

"The house of cards just hit the floor".... Great line:rock:

I love Alter Bridge. My favorite song by them is "Watch Over You." They are a great band. Tremonti is amazing on guitar and Myles has one of the greatest voices in rock IMO. Saw him and Slash playing Night Train on tv a couple of days back, man it blew me away.

FYI - That Metal Show listed Alter Bridge as one of the guests for this season. No date given, no details on who it'll be (my guess is Mark and Myles), but should be worth checking out.

atlantig, thanks for the info.....should be worth checking that out most def! According to what I am reading, the new season starts up Jan. 18....and will feature The Winery Dogs this season too! Now I'm friggin stoked!!

A commercial I saw listed Alter Bridge, Nuge, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss, Joe Satriani and some others. Looks to be a good season!

FYI - That Metal Show listed Alter Bridge as one of the guests for this season. No date given, no details on who it'll be (my guess is Mark and Myles), but should be worth checking out.

I want to learn more aobut this band since I don't currently know a lot about them. I routinely watch TMS so I'll look forward to seeing that episode. Also looking forward to seeing Uncle Ted on TV again!

I want to learn more aobut this band since I don't currently know a lot about them. I routinely watch TMS so I'll look forward to seeing that episode. Also looking forward to seeing Uncle Ted on TV again!

They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge. I was a huge Creed fan when they began but as they got softer and more radio-friendly With Arms Wide Open, etc. it was hard to get into that. AlterBridge was a nice heavier alternative, it allowed Tremonti to finally unleash more shredding and guitar-oriented writing instead of the softer Creed stuff.

Check out these songs for sure:
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes
One Day Remains
Come To Life
Buried Alive
Isolation
Blackbird (my handle namesake)

They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge. I was a huge Creed fan when they began but as they got softer and more radio-friendly With Arms Wide Open, etc. it was hard to get into that. AlterBridge was a nice heavier alternative, it allowed Tremonti to finally unleash more shredding and guitar-oriented writing instead of the softer Creed stuff.

Check out these songs for sure:
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes
One Day Remains
Come To Life
Buried Alive
Isolation
Blackbird (my handle namesake)

I agree with all of this. Most of those tracks are from One Day Remains, Blackbird, or ABIII.

the albums One Day Remains and Blackbird are heavy and catchy. They're really addicting.

ABIII is heavier and darker (the lyrics are about Myles' struggle with understanding God or if there is one). I recommend trying out 'All Hope is Gone', 'Show me a Sign', or Coeur d'Alene

Fortress is a different animal. It's heavy and dark too, but it's almost got a 'progressive metal' or 'nu-metal' feel to it due to odd time signatures and off-beat rythyms. Not as easy to passively listen to, but it's still really good.

From Fortress, I'd recommend listening to Addicted to Pain, Bleed it Dry, Calm the Fire, Peace is Broken

Last edited:
They are essentially Creed minus the douchey Scott Stapp. The singer Myles Kennedy had a semi-famous band called The Mayfield Four before joining AlterBridge.

Myles also replaced Marky Mark in Steel Dragon.

Back