All about bicycles

Got a ride in today. It was a bit cold at 6C (I know, I'm a wimp) but the heated gloves were the perfect tonic.
Headed down to River road under the Alex Fraser bridge.

The sign on the tracks says Townsend, which is in Delta, B.C.

You can turn left under the bridge to the entrance of the Delta - Surrey Greenway

Along the way there was a stretch of thick mud where unfortunately I got stuck in the mire and had to dismount. Rats.
Further on there were enough puddles to run through to clean some of the muck off.

Got a ride in today. It was a bit cold at 6C (I know, I'm a wimp) but the heated gloves were the perfect tonic.
Headed down to River road under the Alex Fraser bridge.

The sign on the tracks says Townsend, which is in Delta, B.C.

You can turn left under the bridge to the entrance of the Delta - Surrey Greenway

Along the way there was a stretch of thick mud where unfortunately I got stuck in the mire and had to dismount. Rats.
Further on there were enough puddles to run through to clean some of the muck off.

Great looking ride. Nice pics. 6c is cold enough, with wind chill, heated gloves are a great idea.

What a difference a week makes!

Snow is gone after a week of temps above freezing and some rain.

There were some almost flooded sections, but not too much...

Bumped into my work bud that I sold my Fathom to...

Sweating is my super power - I can't imagine wearing jeans while biking. My hat is off to anyone who can.

Last edited:
I have a beautiful 3 speed in the garage. It’s from the 59’s in mint condition. It’s really old school. My husband took it in to get serviced. It had some rust on it, it needed some adjustments on the breaks and some air in the original white wall tires. The best part is that it was free!

I have a beautiful 3 speed in the garage. It’s from the 59’s in mint condition. It’s really old school. My husband took it in to get serviced. It had some rust on it, it needed some adjustments on the breaks and some air in the original white wall tires. The best part is that it was free!
You know the drill... pics or it's a Hello Kitty trike.

We play rough here, Lola! :D:D We are a "pics or else" crowd. LOL

But it's nice to know I'm not the only one here rocking an old bike.

Here is my 30 year old Giant mountain bike. I was out on my 15 for an hour runs, and got caught by a rainstorm that came in 45 minutes before it was supposed too. I was 5 miles from home when the downpour hit. I'm completely soaked and there is water running out of my shoes. LOL

Important note: It has the essential kick stand! HAHAHAHAHA

5MXvHkm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been a deep chill here. Ski doo jackets and pants, gloves, hats etc. I love it. I really do love the hibernation factor. Summer is just too much damned work. Cut the grass, trim the hedge, plant the garden, vehicle maintenance etc. repeat at the cottage. Nah winter is my season.

Summer too is not good because of the fluctuation in the barometric pressure(migraines) and temperatures. I have to get up really super early to take Ben and Frankie for their walks. I can’t function in the heat. If I have to work outdoors I wet my clothes down totally and then I am good to go. That, a hat and my sunscreen.

Love, love your bike. I really know zip about bikes. It looks sturdy and ready to take on the world!! Plus it’s red! Power colour baby! Lol
Thanks

We play rough here, Lola! :D:D We are a "pics or else" crowd. LOL
But it's nice to know I'm not the only one here rocking an old bike.

Here is my 30 year old Giant mountain bike. I was out on my 15 for an hour runs, and got caught by a rainstorm that came in 45 minutes before it was supposed too. I was 5 miles from home when the downpour hit. I'm completely soaked and there is water running out of my shoes. LOL

Important note: It has the essential kick stand! HAHAHAHAHA

5MXvHkm.jpg
Check out those knees!

Back