All about bicycles

I haven’t ridden in a while, I have a bit of bike PTSD after getting hit by a car back in ‘12, but I have a Cannondale CAAD 10 with a SRAM Red group set. It’s a sweet ride. I was disappointed when Cannondale skipped CAAD 11 and went straight to 12, they missed out on what could have been a great “this CAAD goes to 11” ad campaign.

So no gyms and the cold weather....I've gotten it down to a science of what to wear to keep moving and stay warm for an hour and half. The coldest I've gone outside in this season is 22 degrees F.

That’s freakin’ cold on a bike. I’m not made out for the polar bear club I guess.

That’s freakin’ cold on a bike. I’m not made out for the polar bear club I guess.

Oh no, there's no manliness going on here...I put on enough spandex and lycra to re-enact a metal video from the 80s. My wife tells me I can't wear my tights out except for biking....so rude.

I also eat like a small child, so I have to work out or I can't justify ice cream, burgers, Cokes, and Oreos:D

Here, when it’s that cold there is usually enough snow that cycling is hard work, so you warm up pretty quick. As a bonus, it’s slower going through snow so you don’t have as much wind chill.
Coldest I’ve been on a bike is -16C, but I usually do something else when it gets double digits negative.
I’ll snowshoe down to -25C (-13 American).

Here, when it’s that cold there is usually enough snow that cycling is hard work, so you warm up pretty quick. As a bonus, it’s slower going through snow so you don’t have as much wind chill.
Coldest I’ve been on a bike is -16C, but I usually do something else when it gets double digits negative.
I’ll snowshoe down to -25C (-13 American).
Yikes.
I just went for a quick ride at 7C and that's nippy enough for this wimp:p

Yikes.
I just went for a quick ride at 7C and that's nippy enough for this wimp:p
It’s all about being dressed for it. You probably have enough warming days in the winter that you can cherry pick a bit. I have good odds not seeing that for a couple of months.
I have a jacket that is good between about 7C and 13C. A warmer one that is good from about -3C to 8C. Below that takes creative layering.

It’s all about being dressed for it. You probably have enough warming days in the winter that you can cherry pick a bit. I have good odds not seeing that for a couple of months.
I have a jacket that is good between about 7C and 13C. A warmer one that is good from about -3C to 8C. Below that takes creative layering.
Yes, much more temperate climate for sure. Need to up my glove game.

Back