A runthrough of my first generation Tremonti, a personal story and comparing it with the 594

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
Folk, the last couple of days were a little annoying as the air conditioner in my music room started leaking, unnoticed to me. The consequence was a little lake formed on my carpet and so I had to move it out of the room, which also meant I had to relocate the sixty guitar cases on top of said carpet. Not a bad workout but an intense one.

It did leave me very irritated and unusually whiney. Before I could sob more about my first world problems, something happened which reminded me not to sweat (literally) the small stuff and remind myself to be more grateful

Some of you may remember my first gen Tremonti that I bought not so long ago but unfortunately had tucked away. The great iceberg melt of 2023 had brought the case to the forefront and I thought this may not be a bad time to retry the guitar.

Opening the case reminded me of why I had gotten the guitar. Reminded me of the song I had first heard which was played on that guitar twenty years ago and what it had meant to me at the time. What a difficult time it was, how far I had come since, and why I should remind myself not to whine and moan.

As I was playing the guitar at my desk at the time, I decided to improptu record that story and what I felt at the time. I will not repeat myself here as it will be a novella but whenever you have some time, take a listen. A little different from usual guitar content, but as much a part of me and my identidity as the crazy NGDs and all the music noodling I get up to.

Oh and since I had the camera on, I did a detailed review with a proper comparison with my trusty 594 as well. They sound very different

Here's the video

Last edited:
I’ve been told peanut butter pairs well with jelly.
And Honey as well.

I can't tell what's going on here. Are you posting all these videos here and on other forums for clicks? Are you trying to build a YT channel? Honest question, no malice intended.

And Honey as well.

I can't tell what's going on here. Are you posting all these videos here and on other forums for clicks? Are you trying to build a YT channel? Honest question, no malice intended.
I’ve had a YouTube channel and posting them sporadically on this forum for years . Have a bit more time to make more videos since last month since I’ve taken a little sabbatical from my day job in corporate Senior management. I enjoy making them and sharing my guitars. It’s a hobby. While I don’t deny I enjoy getting a bigger audience , it certainly can’t replace my income.

Great Video, Thank You For Making It And Sharing It. IMO, The Original Tremonti Guitars Are Some Of The Best Singlecut Guitars PRS Has Ever Made And Not Only Rival But Surpass Anything Else That Is Available. I Love The Ones That I Have And Am Always Looking For More Of Them To Add To My Collection.

Great Video, Thank You For Making It And Sharing It. IMO, The Original Tremonti Guitars Are Some Of The Best Singlecut Guitars PRS Has Ever Made And Not Only Rival But Surpass Anything Else That Is Available. I Love The Ones That I Have And Am Always Looking For More Of Them To Add To My Collection.
You know I used to think the 594 was the best singlecut but after I got this first gen Tremonti, I realised that they hit it out of the ball park 20 years ago. The Tremonti isn’t in Burst territory . It’s more like if the Burst had Captain America treatment, aka they froze it in the 50s and then revived it in the 2000s and gave it a lot more muscle. For the record I’m also looking for more but difficult to find locally

You know I used to think the 594 was the best singlecut but after I got this first gen Tremonti, I realised that they hit it out of the ball park 20 years ago. The Tremonti isn’t in Burst territory . It’s more like if the Burst had Captain America treatment, aka they froze it in the 50s and then revived it in the 2000s and gave it a lot more muscle. For the record I’m also looking for more but difficult to find locally
Nice video there good sir, and what an excellent choice for a PRS. I haven't played an O.G Tremonti, but I'm an addict for the O.G. Singlecut's that came out in the early 2000's. I recently just acquired my 4th one

Back