‘97 McCarty wiring

It is likely your pickups and wiring were all replaced by the previous owner. PRS would never leave the pickup conductors that long, or at least un-tied.

If you end up doing the work yourself, refer to Lindy Fralin's website for ample, sound advice for proper wiring. I just rewired a Private Stock Santana. I was surprised how little room there is in that tone triangle, but I was able to fit what I wanted.

AVvXsEhPqVALtVQZN_rOnWWMbfioMx7rR9ZcjzF53jRuWa9R5XpJeVEi5G39xkISxcggGofaRzAxpvWnbyS-HWtKEeR1XPO7HYv1-lT2V4pj_JDaCkdM8Zdh__z9dvGlXIxJdvXZugki_cayr4VjBd0Z1Q2Fj7G_t4YfLhFc_3d68a7_bLcFMSJ09sPE6Lou=s4032

It looks like a mess but it sounds great and is super quiet. I used that solid blue cloth wire to relocate the ground buss. I also zip-tied the tone cap to an underlying wire to protect the leads before buttoning it all up.
I should note that I’m like 99% positive the pickups are original because of the white coil split wires. Only PRS does that

Glad you got your wiring figured out!

I just got a 2005 McCarty and looking to replace the bridge McCarty pickup with a Suhr Aldrich.

I'm trying to find a good diagram so that I can match up the Aldrich wires which are like Seymour Duncan.

I have read that Suhr wiring is the same as Duncan. I hope this is correct:
On a SD pickup the red and white wires need to be twisted together and sent to the coil tap switch. The black wire is your hot/signal wire which goes to the pickup selector switch and the green and bare wires go to ground.

Back