SE CE?!

OldBayCrab85

Underwhelming Average Player
These people are wild. Leaks left and right these days. We’ll see how long this one stays up.

Although it makes sense with the SE SAS, another bolt-on would be coming soon

PRS SE CE

Hopefully this post isn’t crossing the line. If it is, please let me know. Not to sure about the community’s thought on stuff like this.

They even have showroom pictures. I like that they are going to be available for sale immediately instead of months from the release.

They even have showroom pictures. I like that they are going to be available for sale immediately instead of months from the release.
I thought the same thing. Dealers already have stock and awaiting the release. That store also has a black cherry color, too. I wonder if blood orange and black cherry will be moving throughout the SE line?

This makes no sense, the SE Custom 24 is pretty much a “CE” with the neck glued in. Other than that the CE is already only one step away from an SE as it is, at least the later ones.
If I’m not mistaken, the only commonality between the SE and the CE is the bridge? CE is core pickups/electronics crafted in Maryland, right? SE is fully import?

If I’m not mistaken, the only commonality between the SE and the CE is the bridge? CE is core pickups/electronics crafted in Maryland, right? SE is fully import?
From what I understand the CE is similar to the S2 in that it has the imported bridge, pickups and electronics. I have only had the older ones so I don’t know for sure but that is what I have heard other folks say.

Last edited:
What would a $3500 SE Private Stock look like? Haha I love the idea of that.

You get the choose the exact veneer that'll be used for the top, SE locking tuners. The "not-so-shallow" violin carve?

Also the neck joint on that CE is pretty meh looking, just me.

Gotta be a fake - all the contours of the cutaways and neck joint are wrong, it looks like a cheap knockoff. Cutouts should be level looking across the back, and the whole heel/back plate area is wrong along with it.

Plus, as mentioned above, not sure what the point of an SE CE would be with the SE CU24 being essentially the same thing.

But, I’ve been wrong before…

Gotta be a fake - all the contours of the cutaways and neck joint are wrong, it looks like a cheap knockoff. Cutouts should be level looking across the back, and the whole heel/back plate area is wrong along with it.

Plus, as mentioned above, not sure what the point of an SE CE would be with the SE CU24 being essentially the same thing.

But, I’ve been wrong before…
Seems unlikely that a PRS dealer would be selling a “fake” on their website as a new model. That’s not a good way to run a business.

Back