SE CE?!

Good to know, I thought switches and pots were lower quality. But maybe I’m thinking S2.
The DW CE pups, pots, and jack pulled for a DW that got Fishman were all core. I don't remember on the switch as I had to pick up my own. The Floyd is the same as an se, Floyd 1000 vs the core is an Original Floyd.

The more I look it, here's what I notice...

1. The neck joint is the same as the Silver Sky along with other 25.25" scale guitars.

2. The CE body looks like it started as a Silver Sky, then was sanded as close as possible to match the shallow violin carve on the other SE models.

Would have been better to base it on the SE CU24, but do a different neck pocket...

It would make sense from a financial price point to introduce cheaper models. Eventually I think we will see the s2 and CE line equal. It would create 3 distinct lines that would be less confusing for buyers and dealers.
I foresee soon the s2 and CE having better birds/moons rather than cheap white plastic. All core pickups and electronics. Might as well improve the tremolos.

Then have all import SE line that’s cheapest
Middle of the road 2-3k S2 and bolt on series. And then your 4.5k and up cores. That would make the most sense to me.
I believe the 10th anniversary S2’s were the test to see if the market would be interested in S2’s with American electronics and upgraded birds. I wonder how they did. If they sold well I bet the whole line goes that route. The S2’s have gotten progressively more expensive over the last 3 years it would help justify another small price bump that would further the gap between SE and S2

It's listed in error. The headstock does not indicate SE at all. The truss rod cover clearly says CE, and it makes sense that it's bolt-on.

If you're sincerely interested, why not ask the seller a question so he can correct his listing? Otherwise, folks will call him out on it and the listing will need to be pulled as a fake. (Which it also could be if the seller insists it's an SE).

EDIT: Too late, the listing has ended for whoever reason, likely because the seller caught a crapload of messages asking what's up...

It's listed in error. The headstock does not indicate SE at all. The truss rod cover clearly says CE, and it makes sense that it's bolt-on.
The headstock clearly says se.

Screenshot_20231003_013142_Galleryd2e572356119426b.jpg

These people are wild. Leaks left and right these days. We’ll see how long this one stays up.

Although it makes sense with the SE SAS, another bolt-on would be coming soon

PRS SE CE
The listing went back live with a crazy discount. This is looking more and more wild.

On a PRS FB page some folks are reporting these SE CEs are showing up in their local guitar stores and available to purchase.

So I'm guessing PRS has already pre-shipped a bunch, and some retailers aren't obeying any sales embargo that might have been intended.

It would be nice to get an announcement about this soon, along with the MT100 amp, just to scratch my curiosity itch.

On a PRS FB page some folks are reporting these SE CEs are showing up in their local guitar stores and available to purchase.

So I'm guessing PRS has already pre-shipped a bunch, and some retailers aren't obeying any sales embargo that might have been intended.

It would be nice to get an announcement about this soon, along with the MT100 amp, just to scratch my curiosity itch.
Supposedly the announcement is the 10th.

That price is more in line in my opinion. Wishful thinking on my part that this is a trend! :)
Looking at the price difference between a Core Custom 24 and a CE24, I would also think the SE Custom 24 and the SE CE24 would have some difference as well.

Looking at the price difference between a Core Custom 24 and a CE24, I would also think the SE Custom 24 and the SE CE24 would have some difference as well.
I'd expect that since Ce24 isn't a core. It's in the bolt on series with differences in construction and hardware.

The listing went back live with a crazy discount. This is looking more and more wild.
Hello, this morning I purchased the blood orange CE24 SE from the U Rock seller on Reverb. It does have the Pattern thin neck like the original CE, which is one of my main criteria. It's arriving on Wednesday. Couldn't believe the discount ($240.) on a brand new PRS. I didn't have the heart to haggle over the price, even though he had the "Make an Offer" button activated.
I'll post some thoughts later.

Hello, this morning I purchased the blood orange CE24 SE from the U Rock seller on Reverb. It does have the Pattern thin neck like the original CE, which is one of my main criteria. It's arriving on Wednesday. Couldn't believe the discount ($240.) on a brand new PRS. I didn't have the heart to haggle over the price, even though he had the "Make an Offer" button activated.
I saw it was snatched up this morning! I’m excited to hear your thoughts!

I wonder if they get in trouble or lose their dealer status over something like this.

Nice! Shoot, I would have grabbed that if I saw it sooner. Can't wait to see your thoughts on it. I'd really love a black version, a-la the Alex Lifeson CE he was using in the 90's.

Back