Your top R&D priority for Paul? Mine is ...

Another wish of mine is an S2 series bass guitar. I think PRS could delve a bit deeper into bass designs. I like what they've offered with the SE Kingfisher and Kestrel, but from there to the $4000 Grainger, there's no middle ground.

An S2 or Core Acoustic so we can fulfill our PRS acoustic guitar needs without supporting China.
Not trying to sound political or point fingers but after this whole pandemic situation, I personally believe its time to make some changes..

Agreed. Just like the bass I mentioned, some S2 line acoustics would be great.

I have a satin finished unbound neck and body , mahogany les paul shaped PRS with P90's. I bought it in Nashville about 5 years ago. Does anyone know what this guitar would have been called ??? Or any other info about this model ???
Probably one of the Standard Satin models they did in 2006-08 or so. PRS customer service could tell you if you send them the serial number.

Sam vein as a lot of the other guys here, make a tele. I personally wouldn’t buy it , but based on the absolute killing that the silver sky did I think the company would make a ton of money and put out a guitar a lot of people would play

Mine? Would love to see Paul consider these:

1. Limit the use of mini toggle coil splitting system to only just Paul's Guitar. I think this system sounds great but not intuitive for live situation and PRS now offering too many models equipped with it.
2. Make core CU24 hardtail model, with Holcomb style bridge because in real life majority of CU24 users don't use tremolo so often. So many manufacturers are now offering hardtail version on their earlier-trem-equipped as alternative now.
3. Bring back some hot pickups that have been discontinued like Dragon II and HFS because it doesn't make sense that almost all non-signature models come equipped with vintage tone pickups. Also, majority of PRS customers don't buy core Floyd CU24 model, so PRS should offer some way out for customers who prefer high output pups equipped guitars without going either signature or Floyd models.
4. Beautiful figured wood is becoming scarcer and I begin to see 10 top guitars with incredibly less figures more and more often. PRS R&D should find some solution to not relying the company earnings too heavily on wood figuring like it has been, but instead create something more sustainable to offer as substitute - be it some kind of synthesized material, I don't know. I just concern about company's future of material sources.

Last edited:
1. Limit the idea of mini toggle coil splitting idea for only just Paul's Guitar. I think this system sounds great but not intuitive for live situation and PRS now offering too many models equipped with it.

One simple request: Please stop with the push-pull pots and use mini-toggles instead. Customers would rejoice.

Well, this is just great!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: Now I have to redo the seating arrangements for dinner tom'w!!!

200.gif

ElectricFlickeringGraysquirrel-small.gif

One simple request: Please stop with the push-pull pots and use mini-toggles instead. Customers would rejoice.

Yup. I'm hooked on the mini toggles now. The push-pull pots are really clunky to use by comparison. I would not mind at all if they were standard on all PRS models going forward.

My priorities would be:

PRS Tele
PRS S2 or SE Silver Sky (For those John Mayor freaks)
PRS S2 7 String
PRS SE 250
PRS SE 5 string bass
Range of maybe 6 PRS Pedals, Clean Boost/Light 808 type Overdrive/Aggressive Double Overdrive/Distortion/Chorus/Delay

My priorities would be:

PRS Tele
PRS S2 or SE Silver Sky (For those John Mayor freaks)
PRS S2 7 String
PRS SE 250
PRS SE 5 string bass
Range of maybe 6 PRS Pedals, Clean Boost/Light 808 type Overdrive/Aggressive Double Overdrive/Distortion/Chorus/Delay

I don't know about the pedals....if Paul gets deep into that world, we may never hear from him again. He'd probably make some killer reverbs considering the ones he's been collecting.

If China can continue making guitars like my SE Hollowbody Standard, I will be ecstatic. If I had to rely on Cor-Tek Indonesia I don’t think I’d be buying any more SEs.

I think holding innocent workers accountable for the sins of their government isn’t fair or just.

Probably one of the Standard Satin models they did in 2006-08 or so. PRS customer service could tell you if you send them the serial number.

I have a friend here in Nashville who sold a single it standard soapbar a while ago and I know he really wishes he hadn't. Wonder if it's the same guitar

If China can continue making guitars like my SE Hollowbody Standard, I will be ecstatic. If I had to rely on Cor-Tek Indonesia I don’t think I’d be buying any more SEs.

I think holding innocent workers accountable for the sins of their government isn’t fair or just.

Uhhh, that is exactly what the Chinese Govt. did when innocent workers in the wuhan lab mysteriously disappeared from the face of the earth. No more from me on this subject.

I want to see a S2 doubleneck, S2 12 string electric and S2 6 and 12 string acoustics. One last thing, A thread a while back mentioned a new Zach Myers sig model in the making. Any news on that, cause that needs to happen also. I am waiting till after what should be NAMM time next year to seek out a new guitar.

Id like to see more SE models with a Maple neck with either a Maple or Ebony fretboard. Ideally a SC 245 and a SC 250 maybe with a Floyd.

You know what, since we are on the subject of new SE models, how about making those Japanese colors available here? Seriously, if you scout Ebay youll find Japanese guitar shops that have SE's in colors ive never seen before.

Back