Your top R&D priority for Paul? Mine is ...

A Tele, in the same vein as the Silver Sky... make it an artist model if you like, then add a Jeff Back Tele-Gib to round out the line. He’s already PRSed the other two of the main 3 American classics, why not nail the trifecta?

I volunteer to be a beta tester.

I vote to make that 3.

Silver Sky - Stratocaster
Singlecut - LP

...and the S2 594 thinline absolutely screams SG

Come to think of it, a PRS ES 335 might be cool too.

I think it is interesting that each change that comes out of the R&D is something that surprises me. Where the f did they come up with the idea of putting a small brass rod under each string on the bridge of the Paul's Guitar? Plating vs raw brass tuning posts? Not things I would have thought to investigate. Paul keeps coming up with things I didn't know I needed. I do have to hand it to him for collaborative efforts though. We keep hearing about artist saying what they want and him putting forth a great deal of effort to make it happen. Who would have thought even ten years ago that the company would be producing what it is producing today?

S2 Series Basses, that are similarly shaped to the guitars, or the Core GG Bass. The PRS shape is so perfect, but can only be had with an excess of $3,700, a tall order for for us townspeople. I own an SE Kingfisher that’s amazing, but aside from the birds and headstock it just doesn’t feel or look like a PRS. I also own a very old PRS Core bass, and it’s just a flat top, no bevels.. Would love to see an S2 bass!!!

Last edited:
Mine is: Please develop a new production pickup that sounds just like the late, lamented, unobtainium 53/10s. Simply the best pickup (for my sound, for my uses) I've ever heard, from any maker.
Couldn't agree more! The sweetest pickups to ever come out of PRS IMO, but without that magical NOS wire, they'll never quite be replicated.

Word has it that a few knowledgable and shrewd members here of exceptional intelligence and foresight grabbed the last sets while they were still available, and are keeping them safely locked away just waiting for the perfect vehicle for installation. :rolleyes:;)

Couldn't agree more! The sweetest pickups to ever come out of PRS IMO, but without that magical NOS wire, they'll never quite be replicated.

Word has it that a few knowledgeable and shrewd members here of exceptional intelligence and foresight grabbed the last sets while they were still available, and are keeping them safely locked away just waiting for the perfect vehicle for installation. :rolleyes:;)

I swept up two sets of 53/10s while I could still find them, and retro-installed them in a Hollowbody II, and a McCarty Archtop as well. Desert island tone (and my guitar junkie pals who have played them agree).

Paul, if you're somehow reading this: You are our only hope, Obi-Wan Kenobe. A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

=K

Back