Your top R&D priority for Paul? Mine is ...

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Kiwi, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JSanta585

JSanta585 New Member

Not so much a R&D request as it is that I'd really like to see PRS offer the Archtop and HB Spruce again, even if they are just a limited run like they did for the SSH.

strat63, VHTStark, bodia and 2 others like this.
  2. CVS

CVS Not so new member

I would like to see PRS Red and White Wine Glasses sold in the accessory store :)

dogrocketp likes this.
  3. SinSir

SinSir New Member

Funnu I prefer the 5 way. It seems to be more useable for me on the fly. Maybe thats due to my love for strats. Anything besides the rotary! I think they've started to branch out using others pups vs in house, like the DW. I prefer that too. There's already so many pup choices out there. It mskes sense to utilize them and focus on what pups or other things they excel at.

dogrocketp likes this.
  4. Audie

Audie All the world needs some Skittle Fade!

In the least I want to see Quilt tops come back to the core line, if not that, at least the Artist Package from 2012 to 2014.

I see alot on the WL runs. I do not want a WL run just because it is the way to get a quilt top. I do not want to make other compromises. Even moreso, I want the artist package to come back, you know, the one with flame or quilt tops, maple, rosewood, or hog neck option, huge pickup options, and large color choice. The way it was just a few short years ago. And no, I do not want to hear the BS about Wood Library. I am yet to see a WL guitar that I do not have to make some type of compromise on. Yes it is true the Artist package is not all inclusive of all options either (i.e. private sock) but for the money Artist and WL guitars cost, I want to be the one who decides if I have to compromise something.

I posted in another thread I would love to see a SC594 soapbar run. I am 90% in on this. The hangup is having no say in the wood for the back, top, fingerboard, neck or color. I simply do not see one I want. I bought five Artist Package guitars between 2012 and 2015. Have not bought a PRS since, and not because I do not want another, I desperately do!

Funny thing is I want a flame top on the SC 594 soapbar, and quilt on one or more of the other many PRS's I admire to own.

Rhythmisking and SinSir like this.
  5. ESPImperium

ESPImperium New Member

That is a great point. It often makes me wonder why PRS didn't offer the SE range in 3 to 5 standard colours like Black, Black Cherry, Whale Blue, Trampas Green and a Tobacco or Vintage Sunburst for the flame and quilt models and Black, TV Yellow, Tobacco and Vintage White for the plain tops. With each model getting two limited colours each year.

Id like to have a PRS SE 245 or 250 Singlecut in black with a maple neck and ebony fretboard with a adjustable bridge or a Floyd on it. Something traditional looking, but will shred for high performance in Drop C.

6. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

Find an SE Singlecut on the used market. There’s your SE 250. I have a trem and a stop-tail. Both excellent guitars.

VHTStark and John Beef like this.
  7. tangle

tangle New Member

Reasonably priced custom shop options. It'd be nice to have a few tweaks done to an existing model without going full private stock.

El Fenix likes this.
  8. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

CE22’s. Stoptails. Widefat or whatever it’s called nowadays.
    You want one with a trem? Post it yourself! :p:D

VHTStark likes this.
  9. aphantomvaper

aphantomvaper New Member

SE Modern Eagle please! A veneer is ok

10. strat63

strat63 The Torture Never Stops

A big yes on the HB Spruce.

How about some core guitars in a brighter red color?

A PRS Tele has been mentioned here a number of times in this thread. Please don't do it.

SinSir likes this.
  11. SinSir

SinSir New Member

I couldn't agree more on the tele. I'm still trying to accept the SS. Tele is going too far! Tele purists are still grappling with the mere mention of comfort body contours, a PRS would have them turning their Teles into pitch forks!

strat63 and Warmart like this.
  12. El Fenix

El Fenix New Member

DGT pickups for sale apart from the guitar.
    I'd love to put a set in my Les Paul.

VHTStark, bodia and Stephen J. like this.