Wood Library Wednesday!

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
Since we are having to do without private stock Friday for the time being, why not show some wood library love? Post your favorite pictures of your wood library models!
fWJdk1Z_d.jpg

CjzzIPI_d.jpg

rFlDFxb_d.jpg

nbHNUb0_d.jpg

EOF0vYr_d.jpg

tR6y4TD_d.jpg

Here’s a bit of PRS history.

Years ago, I went to Stevensville with Eric Cummings (Willcutt’s) for the very first “wood library” builds. Back then, they had tops pulled from stock for us to choose from. Two of the tops had been labeled with a PS designation, but for some reason were in the stack of options. I pulled these two for builds for Markie and me. PRS allowed us to put Indian rosewood necks on these two. I took the quilted one and Markie took the fiddleback one:

Much later, I sold the quilted top one, but bought the flame top one from Markie (which I still have).

Then after Willcutt’s got their pieces, I added this one to the harem:

Many thanks to Eric for letting me tag along that day.

Great idea for a thread. Now, do I blow all of them in one week, or just do one, so I can play again in following weeks. Decisions, decisions....

I think just one, today.

The most recent, a 2019 Cu22 Special Semi-Hollow Limited, from Eddie's Guitars. Thanks to Brett for being a cool dude!

snfFJ75.jpg

0wx1mBl.jpg

24CHeSJ.jpg

9Gyy28s.jpg

Even came with a doughnut!

Wh6i0MJ.jpg

and it's own demon!

S6RAWNd.jpg

That finish looks awesome on that top! Eddie’s has been getting in killer looking special 22s that have seriously been tempting me, must resist...

Here’s a bit of PRS history.

Years ago, I went to Stevensville with Eric Cummings (Willcutt’s) for the very first “wood library” builds. Back then, they had tops pulled from stock for us to choose from. Two of the tops had been labeled with a PS designation, but for some reason were in the stack of options. I pulled these two for builds for Markie and me. PRS allowed us to put Indian rosewood necks on these two.

That quilt'd one was a really great build!!! You sold it to MA_Pete, he sold it to me (loved that guitar for years) and then sold it to fund my current SC 594 Private Stock.
UGKLXTA.jpg

I think just one, today.

The most recent, a 2019 Cu22 Special Semi-Hollow Limited, from Eddie's Guitars. Thanks to Brett for being a cool dude!

snfFJ75.jpg

0wx1mBl.jpg

24CHeSJ.jpg

9Gyy28s.jpg

Even came with a doughnut!

Wh6i0MJ.jpg

and it's own demon!

S6RAWNd.jpg

I was so checking this one out when it was posted for sale here! If you hadn't gotten it, I probably would have pulled the trigger on that beauty. ;)

That quilt'd one was a really great build!!! You sold it to MA_Pete, he sold it to me (loved that guitar for years) and then sold it to fund my current SC 594 Private Stock.
UGKLXTA.jpg
Oddly enough, I, too, had a SC Ted that used to belong to MA Pete! Then again, with the numbers of guitars that have moved through his place, maybe that's not odd! :p

Back