Why are NF3s discounted in the UK?

hotfigs

I'm currently looking for a new guitar, I want an upgrade from my MIM strat. I was going to go for an American deluxe strat, but after playing my mate's PRS (and being blown away) and coming across the NF3, I'm now extremely tempted by one of those. I love the combo of strat shape and PRS class.

Here in the UK, most of the dealers are discounting their NF3s by £400, which is great for me, but I'm wondering if there's any particular reason they're not selling so well. I'm guess that it's because most people who want a PRS also want the classic PRS shape and people wanting a strat are just getting strats, but perhaps there's more to it?

Go for it! I have an NF3 and could not be happier. Very meaty tone that can go from P90 to a growling Strat sound with the turn of the volume knob. Just a great overall guitar. If they are discounted as much as you say, you have nothing to lose, right?

... I'm guess that it's because most people who want a PRS also want the classic PRS shape and people wanting a strat are just getting strats, but perhaps there's more to it?

Odd you should mention that, I just purchased a Strat today for no other reason than it's 12/12/12. Never considered an NF3.

Back