Let's talk veneer

I don't do veneers. Do yourself a favor and buy an SE DGT in Goldtop. You're welcome.

If you're set on a Singlecut, another idea is an older SE Singlecut. They did 'em in black and white. The original Tremonti SE is a great model, too. I miss the subdued workhorse aesthetic of the old SE range.

Or maybe a used S2 Singlecut will meet budget.

I was thinking about an SE 594 Singlecut Standard, too. They just slap three pieces of wood together for the bodies, so you'd need to wait until you find one that floats your boat visually.
No problem here with veneers.
I had a black SE Singlecut. The Sunbursts sounded great too, but the black one was my favorite of the four that I owned at that time.

Of course I put good pickups in all of them.

You can find them for $400 on Reverb but factor in another $200 for Duncans or whatever pickups you love.

Speaking of looks of SE: I saw that turquoise is back in the se rotation. I don’t mind it but despise the natural back look that it comes with. The jarring 3 piece back are such a turn off for me when it comes to SEs. I like when they go darker on the back of the SEs to cover this. Of course this is not an issue on s2 or higher lines.

Back