Nitro reaction with K&M Guardian?

JELIFISH19

I'm looking for a multi-guitar stand and I'm finding mixed responses in regards to whether they're safe for nitro. Some people have had issues but other say there were no reactions. Has anyone's nitro PRS had finish problem with the K&M Guardian?

I had never issues with any stand and nitro coated guitars. Not long ago I bought a wooden multi stand with leather connection points to the guitar (neck and bottom).

If you are not sure about a reaction, you put put cloth over the contact points. Not pretty, but certainly better than a chemical reaction to your guitar finish.

Have one, so far no visible reaction with nitro guitars.

If you are not sure about a reaction, you put put cloth over the contact points. Not pretty, but certainly better than a chemical reaction to your guitar finish.
I messed up a DGT once b/c it reacted over a couple days to a regular old school stand.... ever since then, I use a micro fiber cloth on my String Swing hooks. I take no chances these days..

I bought some cotton twill ribbon from Hobby Lobby and wrapped it around all of my foam. I used electrical tape at the ends, which didn't contact my guitars. It worked great, and I don't have to worry about falling rags.

Back