Who’s making the PRS US acoustics nowadays?

Isaac cruz

I came across this video yesterday (
) where I surprised to see how there were several people involved in the acoustic building process at PRS.

However, it is from 10 years ago, so I was wondering how things are nowadays as I heard that the US core acoustics were discontinued and they now only focus on Private Stock.

Would anyone know if they are using a similar sized team or if things have changed quite a bit.

Here’s part 2:

Yes, I know that. What I was wondering is if they still have a team building the US PS acoustics (similar to ehat’s shown in the videos), or if things have changed.
The Private Stock team in Maryland is making the PS guitars. The SE versions are made in China, and are made really well. Sound great, too.

That I couldn't tell you. An acoustic PRS including private stock isn't a guitar I have much interest in besides casual browsing. I pretty much stay with Taylor and Eastman.

Being Private Stock I'm sure it receives the utmost care. I don't know the numbers, but I wouldn't think PS acoustic annual build numbers are too high.

The Private Stock team in Maryland is making the PS guitars. The SE versions are made in China, and are made really well. Sound great, too.

I was completely shocked when I picked up my SE AX20E - have never played an Asian made acoustic this nice.

Back