What's up with PRS Customer Support?

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
Huge PRS fan, and not bashing anyone or the company, but... What's up with customer support/customer care at PRS these days? I know Shawn is gone, but 10 days, with polite follow-up emails asking for a response, and nothing but robo-replies. Definitely not good for a "luxury" brand like PRS to come across like this.

Anyone else experiencing this lately? PRS Support... please check your email. ;-)

I actually call them and surprisingly get to talk to someone. However, solving issues on the phone is usually not a thing. Its always "send it in". I recently called about an issues with a Vela. In which case they're extremely backed up in the service department. PRS is not a company you want to have to service a guitar with if you're in a hurry. Even pre covid their turn-around times were pretty long.

Anything designed and built by humans can and will fail. Service recovery, where the company who built the problem actually acknowledges the screw up and then goes above and beyond to fix it, seems to be a dying art form nowadays. Good to hear that PRS still knows how it should work.

Back