What's the deal with Rio Grande pickups?

Guitar God

Does anyone know what's going on with them? So, my birthday is next month and my Dad was wondering what I wanted and I said I wouldn't mind finally trying a set of Rio Grande pickups and I picked out the Run 'n Gun set for my PRS SE EG. I know boutique pickup makers can take awhile to get. Anyway, the order never went through and I believe he said he got something emailed back saying they were out of business or something. Weird, because their site is still up. I recently looked at their Facebook page and seen some comments from people claiming to have order issues and was wondering what was going on with them, too. It's a shame because I have heard nothing but great things about them as a company and I always wanted to try a set.

Owner (Dave Wintz) apparently has passed away.
Have them in my Thorn, and they’re great pickups. Maybe try Used/Reverb…

That's too bad. I've used the BBQ Humbucker before and really liked it. The Dirty Harry is a tele pickup that sounds like a P-90 which is cool.

RIP. Never tried them, but liked the names.

Guess prices will skyrocket..?

oh wow... my #1 guitar for 26 years is my tele with a Muy Grande bridge pickup... crap maybe I should buy another one asap just to HAVE, if the company is going out of business...

Back