Whatcha All Look Like?

Hello all!
photo1_zps05e74b4c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is me normally:

But on the 10th of this month I took a nasty spill off of a zip line and broke my neck. I destroyed my C6 and had a C6 replacement and a C5 to C7 fusion a little over a week ago so right now I look like this. I am very lucky to still have use of my arms and legs! The doctors couldn't believe I was upright and walking when I went in to the hospital. Can't imagine living without being able to play guitar. I should buy a lottery ticket!

Man, talk about a close call! Serious injuries and recovery time, but it could have been even worse. I'm glad you're going to be alright in time. (Surviving that hospital food in the background of the pic is no small feat in itself!) :top:

I wish you the best.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Man, talk about a close call! Serious injuries and recovery time, but it could have been even worse. I'm glad you're going to be alright in time. (Surviving that hospital food in the background of the pic is no small feat in itself!) :top:

I wish you the best.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Thanks Lloyd! I am a very lucky guy. I will be in this neck brace for another 3 months before I can start PT because that is how extensive the damage was. Normally you are looking at 3-6 weeks so that kinda sucks but the doc just OK'd me to play guitar as long as I'm sitting down so it's not all bad news. Considering I was lucky enough to be able to walk away from this I'm pretty excited about it. Now if Sweetwaters new shipment would hurry up so my replacement ZM could show up I'd be doubly thrilled. Also I have to give the hospital kudos. Their food was pretty good. I mean it was better then some of the stuff my ex used to make. ;)

You guys have all been awesome. Nothing personal if I didn't directly reply to everyones well wishes. I'm just getting off of all of the meds and it was hard to keep up. :)

This is all I can find on my phone, I'm not a big picture guy. Standing in front of the Tree of Shame at the Tail of the Dragon in NC during out trip a couple years ago... great area to ride, it probably would have been better if I didn't have my leash on the back, lol

This is me normally:

But on the 10th of this month I took a nasty spill off of a zip line and broke my neck. I destroyed my C6 and had a C6 replacement and a C5 to C7 fusion a little over a week ago so right now I look like this. I am very lucky to still have use of my arms and legs! The doctors couldn't believe I was upright and walking when I went in to the hospital. Can't imagine living without being able to play guitar. I should buy a lottery ticket!

My Father-in-Law was mowing, had a dizzy spell and hit his head on the ground@81 four days ago. He had a headache till the next morning and drove himself to the emergency room. He's lucky to be alive as he broke his neck at the stem(C1)and will have to use a walker, for now. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Jesus! I'm glad you're ok. Get well soon!

My Father-in-Law was mowing, had a dizzy spell and hit his head on the ground @81 four days ago. He had a headache till the next morning and drove himself th the emergency room. He's lucky to be alive as the broke his neck at the stem(C1) and will have to use a walker, for now. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wow I'm glad he is ok! It's amazing what we can survive and at the same time how easy it is to not. Wishing him a speedy recovery as well.

Thanks. Exactly how ddi the Zipline fail? Do you have a case against the company?

Back