Whatcha All Look Like?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I know in the past we have posted pics of ourselves.
I normally always wear a zero buzz cut during spring through fall, then let it grow out until around May of each year.
My last haircut was the fall of 2011, and it was around 10" long.
I did not get it cut spring of 2012 like I normally would have, and I let it grow until last Saturday the 24th of May, and it was around a good 10" long or more.

The first photo below was from November the 9th of 2013, and I did not have an updated one showing it longer.
Last Saturday I got the urge to get it all taken off with summer coming, and the news that we were in for a very hot August here and warm clear into fall.
And I got tired of it in my eyes all the time.
I was very tempted to get a mohawk, but last time I had one in 2010 too many people stared at me funny.
This time if I had gotten one it would have been much bigger due to not having a haircut in 2.75 years.

Also shaved my head with a regular shaving disposable cartridge razor Tuesday of this week.
Needless to say I do not miss the hair, so much easier after showering.

From November of 2013

11_18_2013.jpg

2.jpg

Taken yesterday with my Canon Rebel T5i on auto setting/no flash

1.jpg

This is me normally:

But on the 10th of this month I took a nasty spill off of a zip line and broke my neck. I destroyed my C6 and had a C6 replacement and a C5 to C7 fusion a little over a week ago so right now I look like this. I am very lucky to still have use of my arms and legs! The doctors couldn't believe I was upright and walking when I went in to the hospital. Can't imagine living without being able to play guitar. I should buy a lottery ticket!

Holy crap man, that's horrible! I'm glad to hear you're doing OK (All things considered). Did the line break or did you lose your grip and fall?

Holy crap man, that's horrible! I'm glad to hear you're doing OK (All things considered). Did the line break or did you lose your grip and fall?

The bungee cord break failed so I hit the end of the line with some speed and didn't have a safety harness and couldn't hang on tight enough. The lesson here is to make sure you have a safety harness when zip lining. I'll be in this neck brace for another 6 weeks or so and they are telling me about 9 months to a full recovery. I'm 38 and maybe... just maybe I'm getting a little too old for the crap. :)

The saddest part is that I was working on being able to finance a core PRS to go with the ZM and the other singlecut SE I have but now that is going to have to wait quite a while. Such is life. lol

Damn, Tedder - so sorry to hear that, but very glad to hear that you're okay. Ish. It's never good when the doctors are surprised that you're moving or standing. A buddy of mine got pretty messed up in a motorcycle accident about 10 years ago, and he told me several of the doctors he saw looked at his charts then at him and said, "How are you alive?" He said one guy told him he saw corpses that weren't as injured as him.

So, glad to hear the positive aspects!

Thanks guys. I'm living a new miracle everyday right now. I appreciate the support. At the end of the day it shouldn't take something like this to change your perspective but it's what I needed so I'll take it as a small miracle and keep on keepin on but there isn't a point to it all without people (friends and family) to share it all with. :)

Damn, Tedder - so sorry to hear that, but very glad to hear that you're okay. Ish. It's never good when the doctors are surprised that you're moving or standing. A buddy of mine got pretty messed up in a motorcycle accident about 10 years ago, and he told me several of the doctors he saw looked at his charts then at him and said, "How are you alive?" He said one guy told him he saw corpses that weren't as injured as him.

So, glad to hear the positive aspects!

Yeah I had similar conversations. I walked around for 5 days before going in to get checked out too. I could have sneezed myself to death per the pro's. They said it was a game of millimeters that I won. Yikes.

Back