What is 1 piece of gear you regret letting go of that is too expensive to replace now?

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
that’s crazy talk. i never broke a headstock and we used to keep the old man guitars loose in the trunk of the mercury.
Why break a headstock when you can snap the whole body off?
CK_176GhettoBassBody.JPG

Last edited:

RedRogue

I once owned a 1966 Fender Jazzmaster. I sold it, my amp and my acoustic guitar because I was at a point where I lost interest in learning.
That's a real butt kicker knowing what I know now.

Toolmaster Of Brainerd

You know what a loon is, noodle head?
Minnesota or New Jersey, depending on the season
that’s crazy talk. i never broke a headstock and we used to keep the old man guitars loose in the trunk of the mercury.
The headstock thing is a joke. But in reality, I just have no interest in them at all. I really like double cut guitars. And I don't like the way they Les Pauls look. And I don't like Gibson. And I love the birds on the fretboard of a PRS and the flame maple tops.

All that together, I am just not interested in playing a Gibson when I could grab anything else off the wall of a guitar store.

theDeepender

Yup…
The headstock thing is a joke. But in reality, I just have no interest in them at all. I really like double cut guitars. And I don't like the way they Les Pauls look. And I don't like Gibson. And I love the birds on the fretboard of a PRS and the flame maple tops.

All that together, I am just not interested in playing a Gibson when I could grab anything else off the wall of a guitar store.
That might be true, but I can tell you honestly, that there was nobody, without exception, that ever played my modified ‘69 ES125 that didn’t want it. That girl was special.

darkbluemurder

Not a guitar but I sold an Ibanez TS-9 in the 80s because it was too middy for me. I sold it for something like $50 and was glad to finally get rid of it. No idea that two years later it became known that a certain blues player allegedly used it and the prices began to skyrocket ...

theDeepender

Yup…
I totally get it.

Every so often a really, really special guitar comes along.
I bought that guitar around ‘72 for somewhere around $150. I just saw that unmodded it’s bringing over $3000. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear catches you bent over. But it’s really how great that guitar was that makes me miss it. I’ll tell you though; if I knew it’s value would grow that much, I’d have replaced the worn out frets and kept it.

LSchefman

Historical Entity
I bought that guitar around ‘72 for somewhere around $150. I just saw that unmodded it’s bringing over $3000. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear catches you bent over. But it’s really how great that guitar was that makes me miss it. I’ll tell you though; if I knew it’s value would grow that much, I’d have replaced the worn out frets and kept it.
My 1965 SG Special is certainly worth more than the $250 my dad paid for it, new.

It's in my son's stable now. But I destroyed the collector value by having a Tune-o-Matic installed on it in 1971.

On the other hand, it's a much better guitar because of the mod, even though I couldn't afford to have it refinished at the time, and the original Gibson stud holes were filled in with dowel rods that can clearly be seen!

The day I got my first PRS in 1991, I stopped using that vintage Gibson, despite its BRW fretboard and all that aged wood. That's how good PRS guitars have been for me. I became a complete PRS Ho from Day One.