What did you practice with/gig this week?

Tasty pair.

Aren’t you worried about frying your microwave circuits, leaving that juice can on top of it :oops:

Oh and this -

I think I really need to buy a real Santana….. Do the newer ones have jumbo frets? I like my SE version for what it is but the small frets are a little to small especially when playing leads up high on the fingerboard..

I think I really need to buy a real Santana….. Do the newer ones have jumbo frets? I like my SE version for what it is but the small frets are a little to small especially when playing leads up high on the fingerboard..

I would describe them as medium (I think), it’s a very easy guitar to play. Just a shame I suck on guitar.

Highlight of the week.
A bit of the backstory, since the guitar is older than the forum.
Mrs and I went to the 2009 Experience to...uhm...do some research. We did not leave with empty hands. There was one guitar, however, that she missed after we left. Wood Library wasn't a thing yet, but Special Favours were. She talked to the dealer and cooked up this:

She wanted a nicer top than the one we didn't take home, so we wouldn't be missing out
CK_585BlueGrassTopDetail.jpg

She wanted a pretty neck and knew I lusted after a backup rosewood
CK_588BlueGrassHeel.jpg

and she wanted no doubt that it was special
CK_589BlueGrassRearHeadstock.jpg

Number 1 was (and is) outstanding. Not long after Brent did a run of 17.

The guitar is barely finished. Paul says the satin top is better for the sound. Maybe, maybe not. I know many of them got a gloss added over time. I like the intimacy of the feel. This guitar insists on being played through the Mark III.
That’s nice! I’ll say that every satin PRS I’ve played has rang and resonated like a bell. I know some folks “glossed” their tops up with a little guitar polish once they got some glossy spots from playing. Not sure how they looked in person, buts that’s likely what I’d do in that case. That way you maintain that lack of finish but still have a somewhat glossy look. I should probably have an ME on my list. I’ve still not had a rosewood neck.

Me three, should’ve kept it- I’d like to find a gold top stripper with dots/moons or whatever that run had.
I really love that Dark Cherry Burst. I had a Stripped 58 that looked very similar to your SC.

The sad thing is that I sold it. Stupid me.

I sold my stripped 58. I’m not going to call myself stupid. It’s more like, sorta, kinda, you know, in other words, uh, well alright Stupid me too two.

Here's what happened.

I liked the Stripped 58 so much that I decided to order an SC58 Artist with an ebony fretboard and 53/10 pickups. I sold the Stripped 58 to fund it.

As an intelligent person might have predicted, with the ebony fretboard the guitar wasn't going to do the same things the Stripped 58 did. Great guitar, but replaced it with the McCarty Singlecut - more in line with what the Stripped 58 did.

What I lost selling the Stripped 58 and SC58 Artist could probably have funded another guitar. That's a big reason why I'm not the brightest bulb.
I sold mine shortly after picking up my R9 without trying. The Stripped was not for sale. I saw a WTB listing looking for exactly what I had. Since the gear fund was in the red from the R9 purchase, I figured what the heck.

That’s nice! I’ll say that every satin PRS I’ve played has rang and resonated like a bell. I know some folks “glossed” their tops up with a little guitar polish once they got some glossy spots from playing. Not sure how they looked in person, buts that’s likely what I’d do in that case. That way you maintain that lack of finish but still have a somewhat glossy look. I should probably have an ME on my list. I’ve still not had a rosewood neck.
An ME is definitely worth spending some time with. A rosewood neck is nice to have available. I don’t think I would want it as my only guitar, but it is a treat.

Back