Do You Keep a Music Log/Journal?

Am reminded of ABB's "Mountain Jam" when Duane hits a sour note and works his way through it. When playing live and recording, sometimes only one take is what you can make do with.

If you're just fueling a fire that creates a lot of smoke, hope you can find a way thru that smoke...Me? As I've aged I realize you can't avoid errors and worse, they bare your imperfections. Essentially, another wrinkle I need to cover.

Not learning from your mistakes is how we are doomed to repeat them. The very nature of our human existence centers on errors, correcting, reviewing and re-doing.

Much like someone who writes a report but needs to correct any misinformation in it before he submits it to his boss for approval. When the boss is happy, so then am I.
Mistakes can lead you to new places you wouldn't have visited had you not made a wrong turn. So maybe they're not all mistakes.

But some of them are just clams! o_O

Yes. It works perfectly when you dissect it. Working on the upper part to the point where I had to stop myself.I got that aha moment and it was a real eye opening experience. This was just incredible.
See? I told you you’d get it. Glad I was able to help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back