Somebody using pics of my guitar for a sale?

dmatthews

Dave's not here
OK, so there I was (again) lurking around at guitars on the internet, when what do I see?
I find a dealer using pictures of my guitar to sell a guitar of the same model. Say what?
Here's the ad for a 594 soapy 10 top in Trampas Green...

And here are a couple of my pics...

Did a closeup of the SN as well, and yup... that's my guitar! WTF?
I hope they don't sell it, I LOVE this thing!:eek:

Apparently your guitar hasn’t been made yet.

“Product is currently on order with the manufacturer.”

And I’d be scared of it anyway:

Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Perhaps PRS is going to do another run of this guitar. More likely, it is just outdated web content. It is probably a coincidence that the stock photo is of your guitar.

Wow, just wow! I will never buy anything from them now. I would be a very unhappy customer if I bought that guitar based on the pictures and received a different guitar after buying it. They do say it is on order with the manufacturer but, man, don't put a picture of someone else's guitar on your site. I would probably contact them and tell them to take the pictures of my guitar down from their site if it were mine.

OK, so there I was (again) lurking around at guitars on the internet, when what do I see?
I find a dealer using pictures of my guitar to sell a guitar of the same model. Say what?
Here's the ad for a 594 soapy 10 top in Trampas Green...

And here are a couple of my pics...

Did a closeup of the SN as well, and yup... that's my guitar! WTF?
I hope they don't sell it, I LOVE this thing!:eek:
Is it possible that PRS photographed your guitar and used it in a dealer promo for the model? Yours is certainly a looker!

Mine was photographed for the PRS website when the model was announced, and then sent to my dealer. They definitely sell the ones they take pics of.

Is it possible that PRS photographed your guitar and used it in a dealer promo for the model? Yours is certainly a looker!

Mine was photographed for the PRS website when the model was announced, and then sent to my dealer. They definitely sell the ones they take pics of.
Who knows... and thanks for that. Although I love the quirky top I never thought of it as showcase worthy.

Back