What are you listening to right now?

I know I keep pushing these guys and never get much response, but there are simply too many prog fans here not to keep doing this. This is THE best band I've discovered since Dream Theater 25 years ago. KILLER BAND. Listen to this song, all the way through. It has everything. Great vocals, nice prettier melodies, prog breakdowns, pure chug, beautiful vocal harmonies at the end. The song structure... this is an incredible piece of music. This is my favorite song off what is a Top10 deserted island album. Check it out. CIRCUSMAXUMUSRULES! :)

Killer documentary about Blue Octobers Justin Furstenfeld. Dude is an amazing yet dark singer/song writer. The album Foiled really got me thru some dark times several years back. Deep, fascinating, talented dude, and such an amazing artist. It's on Amazon Prime Video and I highly recommend it!

I know I keep pushing these guys and never get much response, but there are simply too many prog fans here not to keep doing this. This is THE best band I've discovered since Dream Theater 25 years ago. KILLER BAND. Listen to this song, all the way through. It has everything. Great vocals, nice prettier melodies, prog breakdowns, pure chug, beautiful vocal harmonies at the end. The song structure... this is an incredible piece of music. This is my favorite song off what is a Top10 deserted island album. Check it out. CIRCUSMAXUMUSRULES! :)

I got turned onto these guys in the early 2000s. There used to be a little record store that only sold metal (all genres). The store owner, and pretty much the only employee turned me onto them. That dude turned me onto a lot of great bands, mostly from Europe. Completely agree about them being awesome. Although, TBH, I haven't listened to them in awhile.

The dude moved to Colorado around 2007 and opened a store there. Still check his website every week.

https://www.impulsemusic.com/new/

Here are a couple of bands he got me listening to.

New Ghost

Thanks to @alantig for turning me onto them a couple of years back. Good stuff!!

x
nameless-ghouls.gif

New Steve Vai.........

I have the CD scheduled to arrive today, but yay Amazon for putting it in my library last night. Listening to a bit now.

My Pre-order of Inviolate - Steve Vai arrived yesterday so been listening to that...

Also have Satch's 'The Elephants of Mars' pre-ordered too. The past 'couple of years' may well be starting to show the creative opportunity it has given musical artists and could be a great year for new music as a result. Not only that, those albums could lead to tours as well....

Back