What are the non-PRS guitars in your arsenal you'll just never quit?

I'm attached to all of mine , but the ones I built are most dear
oxMURGMBlcm55ipDu4UjAxnrJCSOtXKpd2HUpqVsSBXSRb1hV8IwYRL7MR5owkMQnVW-_seu15E3RhoKLVNt1qkjRybE099At3DAOf7_9KAqsYyAYnesbJ4bORcWD1DmUSUEgOaT85Hu63D6GhhVgTFF27JYLrSaEARhLvkZwpMkt6k2tNbpUuwniAEhoKNG62Uj9vYYYVYVFO7DsReiUgIC27c4FroZTM-JL_-EBoRpMvkw1sPKhV4QcTfji6oo_M65yo8S3MFyonWGjp1Slc_z6eQwPMU_FuLoVOeaqb6oP7k2xbxzV6YJie77uQ7mJgvM5Lq_HoPAubtabkh3fZ5ewAo9OFTysAtPX5Qke-smiknFrP-eW2TGPOCBP1bWynaPrfe5GTiqZmLNtRcaUzsCYbIKqag3khZeCGsV305EmG1Zw-Jonet_2Z2-VfKszUKGENsZp_qnLSIfSKd02Z3PdTv9iCbOAj1bu_67z7HB7ffoah9xw_NuO8gv-xhhQ4Bxy2xiCemkRGr7RoTQ0dqxtb9qPUZErjgiANIEKWucuWjG7Cv19nrPBMPIy46G2q7J40GCoRZt5-kjARF1Prn_4FrDlSTLYmHfJsteqVzQLZDq_8J48lSmsj_4heUsjFMgLhNkzYUj-8eClKBN2_BSEExoHTaCWRYZ1Ex5dhMEpShERfG3fUA7N4PaolQ9Ry2aC0SbaTbpTOO4kZSddcnaICAjVuO1fG_Z1RUpzeZpemQ55tOZHNEz7lA=w492-h1362-no

Last edited:
I have a custom built Suhr standard with a one piece quilt top that I had built in 2015 that I don't ever see myself selling. With the hurricane situation down here this week I had the thought that if we had to evacuate and I could only take 3 guitars with me, it was the first one I would grab. It does everything I want it to do. It became my number one guitar right after I received it and still is the first guitar I reach for. It has an HSS pickup configuration which makes it versatile. I had it made with a mahogany body and the quilt maple top, maple neck with rosewood fretboard. It has some PRS elements and a few Fender elements to it.

The other two guitars that immediately came to mind were my PRS 2012 Experience P22 and my McCarty 594. That really made me think about selling a bunch of guitars and having a 594 custom made.

The only non-PRS I own is a Music Man bass. It's good, but the only reason I own it is that my preferred PRS dealer didn't have a PRS bass in stock.

However, it's an absolutely great bass. At least there's that.

Well when the house is on fire, and I can only bring 2 guitars out, the first is my PRS Custom 22 10 top from 1997- it's been my "go-to" electric from day 1. The Private stock ( which i love) can go up in flames. ( better insurance check anyway!) the second is my 2008 Taylor 810CE. IT SOUNDS AMAZING. And they just aren't the same anymore - as much as I love Taylors, my '08 810 have a nice, rich look and feel with an ebony fret board that is to die for. I play it every week live at a Lutheran Church here in the Twin Cities and I get compliments on the tone and look all of the time.
I have Les Pauls, Fenders, Washburns and others- but these two are in my mind, irreplaceable.
Well when the house is on fire, and I can only bring 2 guitars out, the first is my PRS Custom 22 10 top from 1997- it's been my "go-to" electric from day 1. The Private stock ( which i love) can go up in flames. ( better insurance check anyway!) the second is my 2008 Taylor 810CE. IT SOUNDS AMAZING. And they just aren't the same anymore - as much as I love Taylors, my '08 810 have a nice, rich look and feel with an ebony fret board that is to die for. I play it every week live at a Lutheran Church here in the Twin Cities and I get compliments on the tone and look all of the time.
I have Les Pauls, Fenders, Washburns and others- but these two are in my mind, irreplaceable.
Same for my 1997 Cu22 10 Top. My #2 is a 2006 Suhr Classic T

I have hung on to my James Tyler Studio Elite HD for 20 some years. It's an early 3 digit serial number, one of the ones that Jim made himself. I don't play it a lot but I am not sure I could easily replace it.

h7Y11U0.jpeg

I still have my one remaining BFR Majesty. There is a lot to love about it but I really wish that it was a hair narrower at the nut. It's a throwback to the Ibanez RG and FGM100s of my youth.

r3Cnbcb.jpeg

Oh My! This will be fun!!

Knaggs SS2 collection
Grosh Set Neck
Gene Baker Original B1's (SL)
Collings City Limits and 290
Nik Huber collection
Tom Anderson Bulldogs
Randy Polka Dot V (Lee Garver)
Kauer Starliner (Original Carve Top Version)
Gibson 59 ES-335
Suhr Tele
Gibson LPC (Oxblood)
Martin Acoustic
Charvel Original Old School San Dimas Models

All the others I am not as concerned about.

I will probably never get rid of my Martin D-28 with maple Bigsby neck (100 made).
I also can't see me getting rid of my '97 Fender Jazz Bass.
I'd be hard-pressed to dump my '05 LP Classic, despite me not being a singlecut guy.
Another tough move would be the '17 Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Thinline Tele with rosewood neck. As odd as this description reads it is a sweet-playing, sweet-sounding machine.
I have a Custom Shop Strat that was spec'd for me and it slays so hard to lose that.
The R8 i'll probably end up moving this year because i like my 594 better. It just feels more natural to me.

I have thinned a bunch out over the years but the ones i can't let go for whatever reason;
Old ibanez rg 7 string that has been stripped and rebuilt a few times.
Mid 60s model fender mustang that was my fathers
Fender acoustic
Fender 5 string jazz bazz from my bass playing days.

Nothing special to anyone else but me.

Back