What are some of the non-PRS guitars in your collection?

PXL-20240101-191907751.jpg

This Ibanez Prestige has been on my stable for 25+ years. It's drenched on sweat, metal and badly beaten (you should see the sides and the back of the guitar, scars everywhere). Worked really hard in a cover band night after night to be able to afford it and it was worth every single penny I invested. Until the PRSs appeared on my collection one year ago, this was The One.

PXL-20210519-195125952.jpg

My least favorite of all my main guitars, but a good guitar anyway. Thanks to this EC-1000 now I know that 24,75 scale is not my thing, that active pickups are a one-trick-pony and that black finish + golden hardware can look gorgeous. A metal machine that I keep on Drop C but not what I would call a very versatile instrument.

My collection is my profile photo but my first guitar was a gift from my partner; a Lucero classical. My second was also a gift from my partner; a Schecter Diamond Series Hellraiser. Then I bought three basses looking for that perfect compliment. My partner and I went in together on a Legator Ghost Overdrive 8-String in Arctic. Last night I bought a 2018 PRS CE24 in Whale Blue and I haven't put it down much since. I absolutely love this "new" guitar.

Down to 4 besides PRS now. Every one stock, no mods.

2017 Fender road-worn Jazzmaster,
2015 Les Paul Special Double-Cut,
Jumbo acoustic I had made in Vietnam
Classical I also spec'd in Vietnam.

I gave my other guitars to my kids, including a Gibson SG & gorgeous US-made Guild acoustic-electric.
I'll sometimes borrow that Guild for recording.

index.php

Last edited:
Only have 4 PRS' now, all SEs. It's liberating in a lot of ways. There are others, too. They include:

Warwick FNA/Jazzman 4
Custom designed "4 way Esquire"
Custom designed "Hendrix Strat"
Custom designed "Mojocaster 51"
Ibanez 540S (stock)
Ibanez RG560
MEGA-modified Sterling JP150 (nothing original but wood, even the frets!!)
Fesley Charvel copy ($159 Amazon RIPPER - only mod is a PRS SE tremolo)

Back