Weed Day

SO here's what I learned since this thread began. It turns out that I've got a female family member who is a card carrying medical patient who uses cannabis to manage chronic pain after her lackluster results from back surgery and so on.

* Virginia has a completely self contained system where all the cannabis that is sold in the state dispensaries must be grown in Virginia by the same company that sells it. The entire production is quality control checked along every step of the way in order for the medical patient to know exactly what they are getting, right down to every last terpine. This is a huge win for safety in that the cannabis user doesn't have to deal with the risks associated with buying some mystery weed from a guy selling it out of the back of his rusty Chevy Vega behind the airport... like not knowing exactly what you are getting and wondering if it has been tainted with something deadly.

* She found the right Indica strains which help her sleep at night and hybrid Sativa/Indica strains which motivate her to "get up and clean the house" as she puts it.

* She never gets stoned anymore. As a medical patient, she vapes cannabis at regular intervals throughout the day and night to the point where she remains in a "plateau" as she has built up a tolerance and no longer experiences "getting stoned".

* No one has ever died from an overdose of marijuana.

* She lost 70 pounds "smokin' weed". How? The cannabis killed the pain she constantly lived with which in turn led her to exercise more (because the pain didn't stop her from exercising). She also cites that the cannabis help her reset her taste to where she no longer desires sweets or unhealthy foods.

* Her night vision greatly improved. Over the course of a couple of years, she has discovered that she can now see hundreds of stars in the night sky whereas before the heavy cannabis use, she could only see a handful of the brightest stars. Also, she no longer needs to wear glasses while driving at night because she can now see everything just fine.

This is a huge win for safety in that the cannabis user doesn't have to deal with the risks associated with buying some mystery weed from a guy selling it out of the back of his rusty Chevy Vega behind the airport... like not knowing exactly what you are getting and wondering if it has been tainted with something deadly.
My car is a Monza! Not a Vega. Get it right! I can’t believe you called my Monza a Vega. :mad:

And my “spot” is not behind the airport, it’s at the overflow parking lot.

Geez, Vega and ”behind the airport” DOES make me sound kind of illegit!

My car is a Monza! Not a Vega. Get it right! I can’t believe you called my Monza a Vega. :mad:

And my “spot” is not behind the airport, it’s at the overflow parking lot.

Geez, Vega and ”behind the airport” DOES make me sound kind of illegit!
Mine was a Nova which didn't sell well in Mexico 'cos it translates to "Nogo". I remember finding bees and wood in the bags of those days.

SO here's what I learned since this thread began. It turns out that I've got a female family member who is a card carrying medical patient who uses cannabis to manage chronic pain after her lackluster results from back surgery and so on.

* Virginia has a completely self contained system where all the cannabis that is sold in the state dispensaries must be grown in Virginia by the same company that sells it. The entire production is quality control checked along every step of the way in order for the medical patient to know exactly what they are getting, right down to every last terpine. This is a huge win for safety in that the cannabis user doesn't have to deal with the risks associated with buying some mystery weed from a guy selling it out of the back of his rusty Chevy Vega behind the airport... like not knowing exactly what you are getting and wondering if it has been tainted with something deadly.

* She found the right Indica strains which help her sleep at night and hybrid Sativa/Indica strains which motivate her to "get up and clean the house" as she puts it.

* She never gets stoned anymore. As a medical patient, she vapes cannabis at regular intervals throughout the day and night to the point where she remains in a "plateau" as she has built up a tolerance and no longer experiences "getting stoned".

* She lost 70 pounds "smokin' weed". How? The cannabis killed the pain she constantly lived with which in turn led her to exercise more (because the pain didn't stop her from exercising). She also cites that the cannabis help her reset her taste to where she no longer desires sweets or unhealthy foods.

* Her night vision greatly improved. Over the course of a couple of years, she has discovered that she can now see hundreds of stars in the night sky whereas before the heavy cannabis use, she could only see a handful of the brightest stars. Also, she no longer needs to wear glasses while driving at night because she can now see everything just fine.

Hey, I used to drive a Vega….’74, and it was blue.

Hey, I used to drive a Vega….’74, and it was blue.
Wait... is your spot "behind the airport?" Maybe he was talking about you and not me.

Side note: I never owned a Vega or a Monza but came very close to the latter. If any of you car guys remember, Car and Driver magazine did a conversion on a Monza where they dropped in a beefed up 350, completely upgraded the suspension, wheels, tires etc. and had a Monza that was faster and cornered better than the turbocharged Porsche 911 Carrera. And the whole conversion, car and all cost under $5K. We had a Monza traded in, and I was scheming the whole deal. Had a mechanic that would do the engine swap and suspension parts and all. Dad was on board with the whole thing, mods and all. He was off on Tuesday and when he got in Wednesday to take it, one of the salesmen had sold it the night before. :mad: Oh, and this was less than two months after he bought me, and brought home, a 74 455 SD Trans Am... and then sold it the next day.

The life of a car dealers son... you get to drive lots of cool cars, but not for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... is our spot "behind the airport?" Maybe he was talking about you and not me.

Side note: I never owned a Vega or a Monza but came very close to the latter. If any of you car guys remember, Car and Driver magazine did a conversion on a Monza where they dropped in a beefed up 350, completely upgraded the suspension, wheels, tires etc. and had a Monza that was faster and cornered better than the turbocharged Porsche 911 Carrera. And the whole conversion, car and all cost under $5K. We had a Monza traded in, and I was scheming the whole deal. Had a mechanic that would do the engine swap and suspension parts and all. Dad was on board with the whole thing, mods and all. He was off on Tuesday and when he got in Wednesday to take it, one of the salesmen had sold it the night before. :mad: Oh, and this was less than two months after he bought me, and brought home, a 74 455 SD Trans Am... and then sold it the next day.

The life of a car dealers son... you get to drive lots of cool cars, but not for long.
Sssshhhhhhhh……don’t let everyone know!

FWIW, I've been a medical patient since it first became legal in MA. Similar to your relative, I deal with chronic pain from back and knee issues. My life was changed drastically for the better. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but with hte right approach, the right strains and products, medical weed is a game changer.

Although, when I choose to, I can also still "get stoned". ;):p

FWIW, I've been a medical patient since it first became legal in MA. Similar to your relative, I deal with chronic pain from back and knee issues. My life was changed drastically for the better. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but with hte right approach, the right strains and products, medical weed is a game changer.

Although, when I choose to, I can also still "get stoned". ;):p
Is that the state that legalized weed then said only vape or edibles and no plant material is allowed?

Last edited:
Back