PWD&ALS ... Nonsense & bull****

IKnowALittle

well, gigged tonite as usual.
i don't often drink, and rarely do weed.
anywho, it's been a long, dreadful year for me, so when a table of guys and good looking women invited me to join them , and bought beer, i dug in like a trooper. went out to smoke some weed, let's not forget it's legal in canada, but i very rarely bother with it.
however, it was nice to chat to some attractive women and let off some "steam."
mainly looking at their boobies.

anyway, the point of this post is a quiz. i'm no expert on Shakespeare, but this is is my query.
can u name the only song & band, (that i know of), who use the word "maketh" in a song.
now, this is not some unknown, obscure band, very famous.
no cheating, no internet, no google.
i know, everyone on the forum is honest and will be honourable.
i would like to offer a prize to the winner, but i don't have sh1t.
i also know that virtually everyone, including myself, could give a "rat's ass."
my defence is that i'm really drunk and a little "stoned."

had lot's of other incredibly stories and tales, but i'm fadin' fast.
so, as a proud canadian, i offer a couple of awesome songs.

totally forgotten now, a bit of a prick, but a true pioneer and incredible talent.
in fact, i'm going to post three.

this seemed like a brilliant idea when i started, but is now more than lame.
sign off, go to bed.
thx.

cheers!

Last edited:
Oh what a night you've had!

No clue on the song, but I'd guess a band a little more on the obscure. I'd say Marillion seems like a band that would use "maketh" in a song.

Probably many bands have used it.
Like Bill I would have sworn probably the Moody Blues based on their usual lyrical content, and would add Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull to that “most likely to use maketh list”.
Based on the context of your story however...a reggae artist like Bob Marley or Peter Tosh would be a good bet.
Finally...based on a recent hazy memory of a fun night at Karaoke celebrating my recent graduation...I’m 99% sure Sting uses it in “Englishman in New York”.

Probably many bands have used it.
Like Bill I would have sworn probably the Moody Blues based on their usual lyrical content, and would add Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull to that “most likely to use maketh list”.
Based on the context of your story however...a reggae artist like Bob Marley or Peter Tosh would be a good bet.
Finally...based on a recent hazy memory of a fun night at Karaoke celebrating my recent graduation...I’m 99% sure Sting uses it in “Englishman in New York”.

“If manners maketh man as someone said....”

:D

I sing that one

I have no clue about maketh but Sundown is one of my favorite songs. The studio version has this incredible groove to it that just draws me in.

Help Me by Joni Mitchell is the same way for me. The sweet subtle guitars in this song just intoxicate me.

I'd have guessed some Ritchie Blackmore song (Rainbow or Blackmore's Night), but there is:

Iron Maiden, Tears of a Clown

The false smile maketh of the man
Glass empty or half full
Try to make some sense or sorrows drown

I'd have guessed some Ritchie Blackmore song (Rainbow or Blackmore's Night), but there is:

Iron Maiden, Tears of a Clown

The false smile maketh of the man
Glass empty or half full
Try to make some sense or sorrows drown

I love Iron Maiden.

jethro tull have all the makings of a 'maketh' band although my memory does not obey today

nice to hear of the audience appreciation ;)

Back