Weed Day

Back in the late 70's and early 80's my experiments with weed were very far and few in between.

Last time I had some was in the summer of '88. Gorgeous Sunday summer day, walked down the street to a friends house. He lit one up and I thought "why not?" Within 15 minutes I couldn't believe how tired I was. Went back home (this was about 2 in the afternoon), laid down and crashed out for about 5 hours. Completely wasted a beautiful day. Of course I couldn't fall asleep that night when I wanted to and only got about 2 hours sleep before the alarm went off at 4 AM for me to get ready for work. I was a wreck all day and was so overly tired that I had trouble sleeping again on Monday night. Took until Thursday before I finally felt normal again.

Said screw this and haven't touched it since. Each to their own.

I noticed this before Covid, but it certainly put the final nail in the coffin.

With legal weed there’s no community in puffing anymore.

Like, I haven’t shared a spliff with my obviously stoned neighbors. You don’t pop over to a buddies house after work (not that I work, but they do) to smoke and have a chat, you just go to the store and buy weed when you’re out.

There’s no more meeting some crunchy lifeguard or barista to become your new drug dealer, no more “I gotta guy”, and no secret handshake.

On one hand it’s great! No days between scoring or waiting all day, no worries about getting pulled over or getting arrested… these are incredibly good things!

But.. it’s also like, you’re not making instant friends when you find out someone puffs. You’re just like, “that dude’s band T-shirt sucks, I don’t wanna get high with him, I’ll just go to the store.”

Like, I haven’t shared a spliff with my obviously stoned neighbors. You don’t pop over to a buddies house after work (not that I work, but they do) to smoke and have a chat, you just go to the store and buy weed when you’re out.

There’s no more meeting some crunchy lifeguard or barista to become your new drug dealer, no more “I gotta guy”, and no secret handshake.

On one hand it’s great! No days between scoring or waiting all day, no worries about getting pulled over or getting arrested… these are incredibly good things!

But.. it’s also like, you’re not making instant friends when you find out someone puffs. You’re just like, “that dude’s band T-shirt sucks, I don’t wanna get high with him, I’ll just go to the store.”
Yeah, puff puff pass seems to be a thing of the past and I agree that c19 was a nail in the coffin! Beware of the guy in the Vega behind the stadium though, he is selling CBD these days!!

Not necessarily stoned, but… beautiful.
"People of Earth, I cannot understand... "

They opened a smoke easy by me, go to the "weed bar" together and use expensive paraphernalia with your friends (assuming we have them). Not the same as an after work drop in but is a place to meet and hang to smoke in a public setting.

"People of Earth, I cannot understand... "

They opened a smoke easy by me, go to the "weed bar" together and use expensive paraphernalia with your friends (assuming we have them). Not the same as an after work drop in but is a place to meet and hang to smoke in a public setting.
Wait whuuut??!!! You guys have “weed bars” now??!! Man pass the peanut butter…’cause I’m sooo jelly right now!

Alabama is officially a “medical only” state. The Governor signed it into law in the spring of ‘21 still waiting on all these bureaucrats to finish trying to screw the whole thing up. Now they have moved the projected availability to patients by this time next year. Keep in mind they have been saying “this time next year” since spring ‘21. So maybe by the time Billy Bob and his inbred cousins eventually figure it out, the Feds will get their heads outta their a$$es (doubtful) and just legalize it.

I digress, I promised myself I would try not to use my soap box so much this year. But C’mon maaaan what’s the friggin hold up!!!

Oh and another gratuitous guitar pic just to keep it guitar related.

Last edited:
Wait whuuut??!!! You guys have “weed bars” now??!! Man pass the peanut butter…’cause I’m sooo jelly right now!

Alabama is officially a “medical only” state. The Governor signed it into law in the spring of ‘21 still waiting on all these bureaucrats to finish trying to screw the whole thing up. Now they have moved the projected availability to patients by this time next year. Keep in mind they have been saying “this time next year” since spring ‘21. So maybe by the time Billy Bob and his inbred cousins eventually figure it out, the Feds will get their heads outta their a$$es (doubtful) and just legalize it.

I digress, I promised myself I would try not to use my soap box so much this year. But C’mon maaaan what’s the friggin hold up!!!

Oh and another gratuitous guitar pic just to keep it guitar related.

We’re grateful for your gratuity.

Is that the state that legalized weed then said only vape or edibles and no plant material is allowed?
Started out with no flower here. Now they have decided to take vape and edibles off the table as well. So of course they want to make it available to patients in pills (shocker) topical creams, patches or tinctures. Like I said, by the time it’s available it’ll probably suck. But hey it’s a start.

Back