update-arrived safely! NGD early next week!

I didn't think the Pups were that hot - hotter than my 594 but around the same as my Custom 24 albeit with differences that makes the Cu24 seem more modern. The SSH is certainly different from the 509 - even the regular core 509 with the 'same' woods used. The 509 is an instrument that I feel was built to be multiple instruments in one where as I feel the SSH is a Double Humbucker type guitar through and through but with so many options to refine the tone - to me its a Custom 22-08 with an extra HB in the middle to add a few more tonal options. As good as the tapped coil sounds are, they don't sound as SC as the 509 and you can't get that middle SC sound either - whether its with a neck/bridge SC or not like you can with Strats - hence I still feel like the SSH is a double HB guitar. Its a different use and a different vibe.

That's a great thing though. It gives each its place and identity without treading on each others toes too much. Just owning these 2 guitars gives you 21 different Pup combinations/sounds and they are all very usable too. That's a lot of versatility from just 2 instruments. I certainly couldn't sell 1 and expect the other to deliver the same role in my toolbox.

Anyway, I hope your new acquisition is living up to if not exceeding expectation and continues to do so long after the honeymoon phase. I love mine and its an amazing and aptly named 'special' instrument imo

Agree on all counts! Definitely a 2 HB guitar with taps and a nasty little middle addition... Hehe!

I love it!

Christmas pic...
79833664_10215943755010758_2642318735821504512_o.jpg

Damn dude, that's just too sharp! Loving the strap too, thinking about snagging one myself.

Damn dude, that's just too sharp! Loving the strap too, thinking about snagging one myself.

Bought the PRS strap while I was touring the factory this summer! Definitely matches that guitar in person. Now I need to install the strap locks!!!

And yes... I wear the straps backwards with the skinny side in front... Bothers my neck the other way. LoL

Really great looking guitar. Love the two-tone hardware. I installed the newer Schaller S-locks in gold to match the hybrid style on my SSH and use it with a similar style Italia strap. Very happy with that setup. Enjoy!

Back