update-arrived safely! NGD early next week!

That’s so hot, I can hear the sizzle from over here...

giphy.gif

Thanks to PRS and my buddy Rob Arnold!
Ships tomorrow and I have this one what looks like a regular pic so they could get 'er rolling out!

Thank u Lord and my wife for this most undeserved gift!!!
79007970_10215894294774283_7307718186483318784_o.jpg
It's about time. If you would've gotten it in Orange Tiger you would have been playing the required Low Country anthem a million times, lol.. Hint "turn it up". Can't wait to see it live

Yep, Cubs fan. Grew up in Iowa. My first Cubs game was on vacation in ‘73, against the Big Red Machine. I was six.

I turned 5 in Jan 1973.

Bench, Rose, Griffey, Bench, Concepcion, Geronimo....
Loved Sparky Anderson!

It's about time. If you would've gotten it in Orange Tiger you would have been playing the required Low Country anthem a million times, lol.. Hint "turn it up". Can't wait to see it live

Better bring your ear plugs if you're coming to LG's the 28th with me there butchering a 6 string!!! LoL! Hard for me to do any form of orange, especially with Tiger in the name to boot being a lifetime Gamecock and graduate!

I did briefly have a Blood Orange Santana. Hehehe!!!

That's really nice!!! Just shoot me you' home address and when you're not gonna be home , for a " health and welfare check" , you know for the guitars sake, lol

Okay... So I finally get to play this puppy through the Axe FX III earlier this morning...

Output is hotter than I expected! This guitar seriously screams! I can't wait to get her cranked through something in the open air when I won't wake all the neighbors up later on!!!

@bodia - This thing is crankin!!! Definitely a different vibe than our Swamp Ash 509's that we all love so dearly! Love the feel of the neck!
Most awesomely designed guitar!

Thanx to the PRS crew and Rob Arnold and the gang at Moore!

Okay... So I finally get to play this puppy through the Axe FX III earlier this morning...

Output is hotter than I expected! This guitar seriously screams! I can't wait to get her cranked through something in the open air when I won't wake all the neighbors up later on!!!

@bodia - This thing is crankin!!! Definitely a different vibe than our Swamp Ash 509's that we all love so dearly! Love the feel of the neck!
Most awesomely designed guitar!

Thanx to the PRS crew and Rob Arnold and the gang at Moore!
Ah, great to hear! Yeah, the SSH and the WL 509 are definitely very different beasts, despite some similarities. Love them both, and they are both very versatile, yet they still have different, I dunno, "moods".

I didn't think the Pups were that hot - hotter than my 594 but around the same as my Custom 24 albeit with differences that makes the Cu24 seem more modern. The SSH is certainly different from the 509 - even the regular core 509 with the 'same' woods used. The 509 is an instrument that I feel was built to be multiple instruments in one where as I feel the SSH is a Double Humbucker type guitar through and through but with so many options to refine the tone - to me its a Custom 22-08 with an extra HB in the middle to add a few more tonal options. As good as the tapped coil sounds are, they don't sound as SC as the 509 and you can't get that middle SC sound either - whether its with a neck/bridge SC or not like you can with Strats - hence I still feel like the SSH is a double HB guitar. Its a different use and a different vibe.

That's a great thing though. It gives each its place and identity without treading on each others toes too much. Just owning these 2 guitars gives you 21 different Pup combinations/sounds and they are all very usable too. That's a lot of versatility from just 2 instruments. I certainly couldn't sell 1 and expect the other to deliver the same role in my toolbox.

Anyway, I hope your new acquisition is living up to if not exceeding expectation and continues to do so long after the honeymoon phase. I love mine and its an amazing and aptly named 'special' instrument imo

Back