NGD - 2022 Gray/Black Tremonti!

xxxadixxx

After drooling over PRS Guitars for 25+ years and not owning one, I jumped into the deep end of the pool! Today my 3rd PRS arrived in the form of an awesome 2022 Tremonti. This should complement my existing DC594 and SC594 with a bit more output and a slightly longer scale (to accommodate Dropped C). I ran through some quick A/B comparisons with my DC594 and immediately noticed a thicker sound with a bit less mid range. This was an E-standard comparison (both through boosted and unboosted Peavey 6505+) between the two guitars to set the baseline. The neck feels great and it may take some getting used to. Another exceptionally finished PRS guitar.

This guitar was purchased new and arrived in perfect condition from a Dealer in AZ. I was originally anxious about the color because I have had my heart set on a charcoal finish (I love the natural backs!), but this one came up and had a very fair price. Both of my other PRSes have natural backs so the change here is not terrible. With all of that said, the gray black finish looked rather dark in the listing pictures. Some of the great forum members posted examples of their gray black and charcoal guitars late last week which made me feel much better about taking the leap. When it arrived today I was blown away. There is a lot more definition in the top and more color contrast than I expected. The listing photos made the 10 top look uneven, but it is more dynamic in person. Some of the flame "shifts" based on the angle of the guitar. The gray black is also a lot lighter than I expected. It is so much more beautiful than I expected and I am very happy with it.

The photos below do a good job of showing how much lighter the top is in person. I included one of the original listing photos for comparison. Of course there is the obligatory new "family" photo as well! In another post, I mentioned I agreed with my wife that I really only "needed" three guitars... which lead to this purchase. She had the best response when the FedEx guy showed up: "I thought you were joking." and "You sure did not waste any time", both were accompanied by her typical eye rolling :). Now it is time to get back to rocking out with this one! As always, the other Forum members have been great in helping educate me on this purchase... even if all of you are terrible influences (according to my wife), i.e. "enablers". Thank you all!

52214476321_18f6c9ba06_h.jpg

52214494838_74089d3b9e_h.jpg

52213470872_4e6fdf1777_b.jpg

52214754034_234fe0a0f8_b.jpg

52214753149_8c16e8195b_h.jpg

Original Listing:
52215057380_9b7b58ba36_b.jpg

After drooling over PRS Guitars for 25+ years and not owning one, I jumped into the deep end of the pool! Today my 3rd PRS arrived in the form of an awesome 2022 Tremonti. This should complement my existing DC594 and SC594 with a bit more output and a slightly longer scale (to accommodate Dropped C). I ran through some quick A/B comparisons with my DC594 and immediately noticed a thicker sound with a bit less mid range. This was an E-standard comparison (both through boosted and unboosted Peavey 6505+) between the two guitars to set the baseline. The neck feels great and it may take some getting used to. Another exceptionally finished PRS guitar.

This guitar was purchased new and arrived in perfect condition from a Dealer in AZ. I was originally anxious about the color because I have had my heart set on a charcoal finish (I love the natural backs!), but this one came up and had a very fair price. Both of my other PRSes have natural backs so the change here is not terrible. With all of that said, the gray black finish looked rather dark in the listing pictures. Some of the great forum members posted examples of their gray black and charcoal guitars late last week which made me feel much better about taking the leap. When it arrived today I was blown away. There is a lot more definition in the top and more color contrast than I expected. The listing photos made the 10 top look uneven, but it is more dynamic in person. Some of the flame "shifts" based on the angle of the guitar. The gray black is also a lot lighter than I expected. It is so much more beautiful than I expected and I am very happy with it.

The photos below do a good job of showing how much lighter the top is in person. I included one of the original listing photos for comparison. Of course there is the obligatory new "family" photo as well! In another post, I mentioned I agreed with my wife that I really only "needed" three guitars... which lead to this purchase. She had the best response when the FedEx guy showed up: "I thought you were joking." and "You sure did not waste any time", both were accompanied by her typical eye rolling :). Now it is time to get back to rocking out with this one! As always, the other Forum members have been great in helping educate me on this purchase... even if all of you are terrible influences (according to my wife), i.e. "enablers". Thank you all!

52214476321_18f6c9ba06_h.jpg

52214494838_74089d3b9e_h.jpg

52213470872_4e6fdf1777_b.jpg

52214754034_234fe0a0f8_b.jpg

52214753149_8c16e8195b_h.jpg

Original Listing:
52215057380_9b7b58ba36_b.jpg
That's lovely in every way!

Back